Ministry Reconditioned Vehicles - Old Advert

simonm

I was going through an old shed and came up with Farmer's Weekly 9th April 1965 (50 years ago). Apart from the Jackson's fencing advert, a Kent company that has gone from strength to strength, the Farmer of the day was offered all sorts of ex military vehicles. The picture says it all, Austin Champs, Land Rovers from £225, Bedfords and Humbers. What did strike me was the selling off of relatively recent vehicles, anything with Rolls engine (almost certainly a B series) will be not much more than 10 years old. (No Saracens or Ferrets)

old army trucks.jpg

Weren't the Humbers amongst the new vehicles still being built when declared surplus to requirements, and delivered pretty much straight to Ruddington saleground? Or was that just an old tale?

OWT :D

Started late 1952 & the last Humbers were delivered in 1956, although there were a couple in 1957.

Dad bought two Austin K9's in about 1968-9 from Houseman at Pateley Bridge

One was £100 the other £120 and they were new and unissued. The tools were still in greased paper

Morris MRA1's were £75

I was going through an old shed and came up with Farmer's Weekly 9th April 1965 (50 years ago). Apart from the Jackson's fencing advert, a Kent company that has gone from strength to strength, the Farmer of the day was offered all sorts of ex military vehicles. The picture says it all, Austin Champs, Land Rovers from £225, Bedfords and Humbers. What did strike me was the selling off of relatively recent vehicles, anything with Rolls engine (almost certainly a B series) will be not much more than 10 years old. (No Saracens or Ferrets)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104652[/ATTACH]

Funny how in the mid 70s they were going round buying up rusty hulk Humbers to provide units for Pigs. Short-sighted somewhere. The farmers probably made on the deal.

Dad bought two Austin K9's in about 1968-9 from Houseman at Pateley Bridge

One was £100 the other £120 and they were new and unissued. The tools were still in greased paper

Morris MRA1's were £75

My dad leant me the money to buy a Morris MRA1 offf Mr Houseman £50 cracked block but had recondition engine in the back of it very early 70s it never made it back to our yard Dad sold it again for tenner profit I ended up with a well used one Harvey Frost hand wind on it from local scrap dealer £35 Edited by cosrec