In hospital but now on the improve.

lynx42 Rick Cove

Hi All,

I have been missing from HMVF, for the past 17 days as I have just had a quadruple back fusion as part of my ongoing 21 year health fight since being severley injured at work in September 1993. This is back surgery operation is major surgery no.7 with about 30 minor ops in that time as well. Every step I take and every nut I tighten up is a bonus. 21 years ago it looked like I would spend the rest of my life in a wheel chair. Thank heavens for modern science. I have had, within the 7 major ops. so far, a total of 2 totally experimental operations, both of which have worked and are now done world wide. I was pleased to be the guinea pig back in 1996 for those. Others have put up their hands to have the type of operation I had on the 15th December last, so I thank them from the bottom of my heart for being the guinea pig.

I will still be here (Epworth Hawthorn, Vic) for another couple of weeks as things improve. Today is the first day that I have felt like looking at a computer.

The result sofar is a a lestening of the amount of pain I have put up with over the past 12 months, so lets hope that continues to improve and I will be back out there in the shed pretty soon.

Happy New Year and regards to all,

Rick.

Well, no pun intended, I am off home tomorrow. 4 weeks and I feel like a new me. It will be quite a few weeks before I am able to do anything except sit for no more than 30 minutes at a time. The swelling is going down and I am able to move around a lot freeer.

Thank you to those of you who sent their good wishes and my thanks to those of you who at least had a look at this thread.

I will post some MRI photos when I get home and you will see the result of a 7 1/2 hour operation.

Regards Rick.