The Beast of Turin

MatchFuzee

Interesting startup - I thought the guy had given up. Then it just started running…...

What you might call a 'long stroke' engine :shocked:

I think he turns it over to fill the cylinders with mixture and then switches the trembler coil on, you see another chap do that. The older cars did this by flicking the advance / retard lever.

Trembler coils - I've heard of, but don't know anything about, them. So once they are energised, it fires whichever cylinder is in the right position with some compression in, effectively firing from a standing start?

I thought his knee was in a vulnerable position if it did happen to strike up!!!

Trembler coils - I've heard of, but don't know anything about, them. So once they are energised, it fires whichever cylinder is in the right position with some compression in, effectively firing from a standing start?

I thought his knee was in a vulnerable position if it did happen to strike up!!!

Tony,

If you have charged cylinders and get the engine just over compression, when you turn on the trembler coil it will shower sparks and away she goes. At 28 litre, I would not want to swing it with ignition on, it would throw you into the next county.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...