RAF Wainfleet control tower for sale

Nick Johns

I know this place well - we live not far off and go to the samphire beds on the marshes here in summer. It is not somewhere I would imagine many people wanting to live. This is a bleak and lonely spot down a remote, bumpy track 800 yards from the nearest neighbour, another mile from the next one and another to the nearest shop. It's isolated and vulnerable, and you'd want a guard dog and a shotgun to feel at all secure. The "views" are mudflats one way and featureless fields the other, and it's bitter in winter. I hope no-one buys this place sight unseen hoping for a rural idyll, as they'll be in for a rude awakening. It would suit a fanatical birdwatcher and that's about it.

I know this place well - we live not far off and go to the samphire beds on the marshes here in summer. It is not somewhere I would imagine many people wanting to live. This is a bleak and lonely spot down a remote, bumpy track 800 yards from the nearest neighbour, another mile from the next one and another to the nearest shop. It's isolated and vulnerable, and you'd want a guard dog and a shotgun to feel at all secure. The "views" are mudflats one way and featureless fields the other, and it's bitter in winter. I hope no-one buys this place sight unseen hoping for a rural idyll, as they'll be in for a rude awakening. It would suit a fanatical birdwatcher and that's about it.

Yup, sounds like a great reason for living there!:-)