R/Enfield WD/CO 1944

gary0003

Unfortunately, the bolt that attaches the bottom of the Pannier frame rack to the Rear of the frame has broken. It appears to be 2 different diameter bolts brazed together - Does anyone know where I might get one please? I have tried "Hitchcocks", but they won't be available for at least 8 weeks.

Thanks,

Gary.

I think I know the part you mean, is it the stud which screws into the frame at the bottom rear and has a thin lock nut on the inside of the frame and a larger special nut to tighten onto the pannier rack part number 23143? If so, I can make you one, I do mine in stainless and then shot blast to give it the plated look.

As an aside, its made from a single piece of turned bar rather than 2 bolts brazed together (well, at least the original was).

I think I know the part you mean, is it the stud which screws into the frame at the bottom rear and has a thin lock nut on the inside of the frame and a larger special nut to tighten onto the pannier rack part number 23143? If so, I can make you one, I do mine in stainless and then shot blast to give it the plated look.

As an aside, its made from a single piece of turned bar rather than 2 bolts brazed together (well, at least the original was).

Yes, that seems to be the piece. I expect mine has been "modified" at some time as both sides are appear to be brazed bolts! How much would you charge for x2 bolts please?

Thanks,

Gary.

It's me again! I am a bit confused - are you Ron or Chris?

Anyway, the gearbox seems to leek oil from around the kick-start shaft, but only when the bike is lent over and the Primary drive chain case seems to be hopeless at keeping oil in it! Are these problems normal or can they be fixed.

Thanks again for your patience,

Gary.