Strange wheel rims?

Blackpowder44

All are commercial brake drums top smaller ones i would bet are ford D series the one that has me baffled though is bottom left what are the four things fastened to it to make legs in its role as a plant pot. scrap value pikeys may take them if you leave them near roadside. £120 per ton but sit one on bathroom scales your way out on weight

As for what there off the one with feet on is of the front of a chassis with a front axle that took 20inch wheels and went out of service about 30 years ago same drums where fitted to many different trucks sorry to say you have not unearthed a gold mine

Edited by cosrec

The one with the 'cotton reels' is a fluke. I'd say these have been welded on as legs for the flower pot.

I recognise the ribbed drums design as being from a Scammell Trunker / Routeman of 1970s vintage.

Howard @ KFS

PS.

Note there are two widths of ribbed drum (count the ribs) narrow ones are fronts & second steer....big ones are rears.

Edited by RecyMech