Hello From Nottingham!

minn200

Afternoon everyone from sunny Nottingham.

I'm Nick and I have just bought myself a series 3 LWB Land rover project. It was used as a communications vehicle but has been stood in the corner of a farm yard for a couple of years.

077.jpg

The chassis is sound so the rest is fixable but it's my first go at 24v electrics so there will be many questions!

My next job is to get a couple of batteries sorted out to test the electrical system before I do the strip down. If the electrics all work ok I will keep them but if they are full of problems I may look at the 12v route but keeping it 24v as it was built is my first port of call if possible.

Right then im off for a nose around the site so see you all soon!

Edited by minn200

Excellent - welcome! Just down the road in Oakham. The pic of your S3 reminds me of my S3 ambulance which had been sitting in a yard for a good while before I bought it - that worn, faded, patina! Must confess, I haven't yet repainted mine yet - so it's even more worn and faded and brown!!

Duncan.

Hi Nick,

Welcome to the forum. My vehicles are mostly in Nottingham at my parents house, I'm not far away in Lincoln.

Chris

Excellent - welcome! Just down the road in Oakham. The pic of your S3 reminds me of my S3 ambulance which had been sitting in a yard for a good while before I bought it - that worn, faded, patina! Must confess, I haven't yet repainted mine yet - so it's even more worn and faded and brown!!

Duncan.

Thanks for the welcome guys. Maybe a meet up and nose at what motors at some point so I can pick your brains about an array of different things!