indicator stalk 109 series 3.

.303fan

we had a issue with the indicator stalk, the one fitted has got a WD label on it, the replacement ciffie item has got different plugs on it.

how do i wire it in? also with a standard relay, how can i run the main beams over them? i am not that handy with wires ime afraid

thanks,

Arjan

we had a issue with the indicator stalk, the one fitted has got a WD label on it, the replacement ciffie item has got different plugs on it.

how do i wire it in? also with a standard relay, how can i run the main beams over them? i am not that handy with wires ime afraid

thanks,

Arjan

Does this help?

http://forum.militarylightweight.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2113

Martin

Umm, not sure about that, although the last time I had a smoking relay, turned out the earthing was completely duff.

suppose another possibility could be the battery being too strong?

I'm sure if Clive Elliott saw this thread, he'd have the answer!

I just got lucky with the indicator problem, being a member of that forum as well! Might be worth asking a question there as well , since there's an ex REME fitter who goes by the name of AR4412, who is brilliant at troubleshooting.

regards

Martin

Edited by ltwtbarmy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/281095186916?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&lpid=95&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=95

that is the battery, nothing special as it is the same as it had before.

the starter motor was the one from a sixpot series 3, not old but might need opening up for lube.

the new starter motor is a dud from the box, tried in multiple land rovers and pure on a battery but no real rpm to start a engine.

does anyone have a spare decent series 2 (clamp on metal on the rear) 12v starter motor for use in negative earth vehicle?

i need to get some items in so i can grab what i need instead of being stuck and nowhere to walk to for parts ( i can walk 50 meters before i need a rest and pain killers)

cheers,

Arjan