Green goddess rebuild

mark-h

Well here it is, recently purchased on ebay for the magic sum of £500 it was complete with all its kit and documents.

However, its was far worse than expected, when it eventually arrived home.

To be honest it was only fit for scrap, if I broke it down it would make around £1500 - £2000 in scrap and leave me with piles of spares for another.

But I cant do it, these are slowly dying off or being converted.

photograph I purchased it from

4321_zps6d196641.jpg

Arrived at home - doesn't look too bad

IMG-20131215-00301_zps36f5ef6a.jpg

what it really was like

IMG-20131220-00304_zps316d4227.jpg

IMG-20131220-00302_zps7e59290a.jpg

IMG-20131220-00303_zps4e2673d3.jpg

IMG-20131220-00307_zpscf4c63c4.jpg

broken down into its components.

it contains large amounts of bronze, brass, copper, aluminium plus the chassis, engine, box. 4x4 axles are classed as heavy scrap at top prices, and all the additional equipment including the portable coventry climax pump can be sold. and its registration has had a valuation of£1000 although i don't know how you would fair with the MOT exemption.

but im not doing that..............

Hi Mark,

It looks amazing - I've been following the news on RSOLES over the past few weeks. You determination to see it survive is commendable!! Handy that you know the woodwork bit, but as you can see, whether body or mechanics, they are relatively simple beasts!

Duncan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes, but when sold off they were looked upon as cheap tools. I know a farm growing strawberies in Jersey that needed an irrigation pump. Requirment was for a cheap mobile pump that could either pump from waterscource direct or cart a reasonable load to slow release in another feild. The answer was a Green Goddes, cost in the early 1970's about £600 futher £200 or so shipping costs. Wonder what ever happened to it.