How do I post in the stolen forum??

Lord Burley

Hello all. Well the Christmas spirit is not shinning on me this year. I had my garage broken into during the storms last night. And a bit of militaria was stolen including an old spec L1A1 SLR. an old spec Sterling sub machine gun. A LAW 72. Ingersoll Rand stamped Colt M1911. M1918 trench knife. 4 pineapple grenades. An airsoft SA80. I know their is a slim to virtually no chance of any of this turning up. But I thought I would throw it out there just in case.

Mark

Sorry to hear about what was stolen from your garage in the raid last night, I wonder if your garage may have been the target as none beyond yours were touched and nothing obviously taken from the others that were broken into, just as well your Jeep was safe in the workshop.

One of my garages at the other nearby location was broken into the other month, the lock cut off with bolt cutters but fortunately nothing was taken, I've got CCTV on that site now

Edited by Nick Johns

Sorry to hear about what was stolen from your garage in the raid last night, I wonder if your garage was the target as none beyond yours were touched and nothing obviously taken from the others that were broken into, just as well the Jeep was safe in the workshop.

One of my garages at the other nearby location was broken into the other month but fortunately nothing was taken, I've got CCTV on that site now

It looks that way. I do think its someone with knowledge to the garages,as the old ferret lock up which had no lock or pad lock fitted didn't even have the door lifted up. Spoke to someone next to me earlier and he had quite a few bottles of multipack drink stolen. But they had seemed to work their way through mine. Stole the big generator as well. Thankfully the .50 wasn't taken(more a case of to cumbersome to get away with) I have no doubt though that they would have come back for it. And I still believe that they will be back. Luckily for me also. The 1928 Thompson M1 Garand and trench shotgun were well buried. So I was able to recover them.

MARK, Get on to the London & Birmingham Proof houses. Let them know the serial numbers of the stolen deacts. If someone then tries to obtain replacement Deactivation Certificates for them. The person can be apprehended by the Police. If the 'Suspect' is questioned, the trail back to where they obtained them can be traced. & Hopefully the perpetrators could be arrested. It's worth a try. I ASSUME you still have the original deact Certs?

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, please be careful when you deal with the boys in blue, a few years ago a good friend had some replica pistols stolen from a cupboard in his bungalow the police made his life a misery coming back numerous times and inspecting where he kept them insinuating he was careless and they should have bee in a locked gun cabinet despite them being replicas :shocked: After all the hassle and worry he decided not to continue with his hobby and has never replaced them. I have several deacs along with twelve licenced shotguns ALL are in locked gun cabinets in my bedroom, unfortunately nowadays the police treat us all as criminals and would really like NO firearms either real or otherwise in public hands. Hope you get them back and the people responsible are caught and punished. :)

Oh Mark, bad luck mate. Cut their bleeding hands off. Its often a worry when kit is left at a location a way from the house, how do you stand with insurance? Is it covered with house insurance or does the vehicle insurance cover separate items?

Best wishes

Dave

None of it was covered by insurance. And has for the deact certs. Then I can't place where they are as when all the weapons were acquired I have since moved twice.

Just having a rough tally up on stuff stolen then it's around the £6,000 mark. It really has put a sour taste on Christmas.

VERY Sorry to hear of this Mark. :embarrassed: It just goes to show, that a vehicle even in a lock up is not safe. Difficult enough to store all the equipment somewhere also. But the Deacts really SHOULD have been kept at home in the attic, or someplace at Home. Easy to say after the event, But they would rust in a garage during the winter as well. So it's a double Issue really. I hope you recover the stuff ok. But Im sure you are aware of the reality of recovering pretty much anything from an 'Incident' like this. >:( I sincerely wish you good luck with sorting this unhappy & disturbing situation Mate. :red: