AEC Matador Tools

matman41

I have a parts book which lists tools, etc supplied with the first 1100 or so vehicles. Many of these are special workshop tools, others are what one would expect to find in a kit carried on the vehicle. It is not clear to me what would actually be carried in service. If no one has the information to hand I would be able to scan the pages if it would be of use.

I have a parts book which lists tools, etc supplied with the first 1100 or so vehicles. Many of these are special workshop tools, others are what one would expect to find in a kit carried on the vehicle. It is not clear to me what would actually be carried in service. If no one has the information to hand I would be able to scan the pages if it would be of use.

Hi Redmat,

If you could copy me the pages that would be of great help thanks.

Regards

Mel

:)

I have been restoring my Mat CAV control box and it is all metric, think they were CAV Bosh prior start of WW2.

Ian

hi Ian,

19mm is a bit big for the electricals, I have a feeling this spanner is for the fuel injection pipes or something connected with the pump as you say they had a link with Bosch, made under licence or to their design.

Hi All,

One of the injector pipes on 2 of the engines I have is a 19mm spanner size on both ends, but the other 5 are all imperial on both ends.

Not quite sure why this is, if the pipe had been replaced at some point it could explain it but the pipe is in the same place on both pumps/engines??!!:confused:.

Does anyone know or have a picture of the type of jack that was supplied? The bracket and fittings for it's stowage in the rear body would suggest it was quite a tall jack (which is understandable).

I'm sure somewhere in a museum archive there will be a nice period picture of all the tool kit laid out in front of the vehicle for inspection.

Was recovery kit such as ground anchor & pins supplied with the truck or did it come with the gun that was being towed??

Regards

Mel