Mad weather!!!!!

rosie

weather report from somerset ....

raining but no wind as of yet.

just done a 5 hour drive from leeds this evening and i have passed thru all sorts of mad weather but to be honest not as mad as the drivers on the motorways i couldn't see thru my windscreen due to rain.sensible folk (me included) travelling at 40mph but felt the idiots passing in the other 2 lanes at ridiculous speeds rather than saw them...:banghead:

Well we survived! Gusts reported at F12 overnight. Only a small amount of damage that we can see from here at the moment. A TV Ariel is bent and twisted and our neighbours trampoline is now upside down and hugging the back of their car! Local news reporting trees down on the Island which is going to hinder the cubemeisters journey to work, not me though as it's half term.

Now in field struggling with weak 3G taking 3-5 minutes to get a page. Tree ripped phone line another tree smashed two fences. Spent hours trying to report fault with ansautomated system seemed designed to avoid customer communication wanting me to go online to report fault GRRRRH!

Also tried to report fact that cable droops across lane endangering tall vehicles. Voice recognition not able to recognise simple words like "dangerous" had to give up as batteries were drained despite being charged all night after hours of calling dim witted machines & hanging on.

Still no phone line. Nobody much bothered about repairing it. :banghead:

Just walked to a wifi hotspot but rather cold and windy now started to rain

I just heard a classic following last weekend, 'Oh it was teribble! There was so little in Waitrose'. So shop at *** Tescos then! :nut:

Still no phone line here. Struggle to even get an email on 3G web pages very slow or nothing. But do have some engineers repairing line their aim is to connect just 3 customers. Say they will connect me & my neighbour on Sunday. So that will be 13 days. Yet I was the first to report the fault when it happened. As for texting me updates as requested nothing received. Although it is perhaps good to be free of web addiction for a little while it is not so good being unable to pay bills & keep accounts out of the red with accounts that are Internet only. Seriously thinking about satellite broadband. As at best its no more than 2mbs. Anyone any experience of a satellite connection?

Still no phone line here. Struggle to even get an email on 3G web pages very slow or nothing. But do have some engineers repairing line their aim is to connect just 3 customers. Say they will connect me & my neighbour on Sunday. So that will be 13 days. Yet I was the first to report the fault when it happened. As for texting me updates as requested nothing received. Although it is perhaps good to be free of web addiction for a little while it is not so good being unable to pay bills & keep accounts out of the red with accounts that are Internet only. Seriously thinking about satellite broadband. As at best its no more than 2mbs. Anyone any experience of a satellite connection?

thats dreadful, hope you get sorted soon. Sorry I'm not at all technical so cant help with the broadband stuff.

Blowing a gale down here in Portsmouth again ....

Andy

Andy, we stood ontop of portsdown hill this evening to watch the Cosham fireworks! We nearly blew away!!!!!!!

Still no phone line. Nobody much bothered about repairing it. :banghead:

Well after 2 weeks & 3 days we now have a temporary phone line. Only through the intervention of a neighbour exercising influence. :-X

Glad I wasn't the only one affected as I have had no text updates as promised & no replies to emails & left completely uninformed. Neighbour rang on my behalf yesterday to be told by someone in another country that they were waiting to dig a hole.

Today they were told that they were waiting for council permission to dig the hole.

Then a hour later the phone line was replaced (without having to dig a hole)

But I expect they've been busy counting the £200 million they've got to find for screening some football events :)