Please help the fallen and their families

plainmilitary

The following was sent from M Mortimer, Secretary, 42 Regt RA Old Comrades Association.

I am not aware if you know that any Service personnel killed in Iraq or Afghanistan, their families have to pay for an Inquest. This is because the Government will not award the families Legal Aid.

This petition to No10 is to try and get them to change their minds, they need as many signatures as possible to highlight the cause for change and

help the bereaved families.

Let's face it our lads get no recognition whatsoever from this Government, we need to fight back for them. Click Link to Help:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ForcesLegalAid/

I know a lot of folk out there don't believe in the two wars but the squaddies haven't a choice: They are there because they are told to be. Over the past few years I have spoken to a lot of lads that have served in both Iraq and "Ganny", they still can't get their heads around the bashing they get from certain circles and the press.

Sorry for being a party pooper.

Tony

Tony this is something that everyone in the UK should be aware of and concerned about,so thank you for posting it.

A friend of mines son was one of the six MP's executed in Iraq shortly after the war "ended",and more recently a friend of the guy I work with was permanently blinded by a bomb in Iraq,at the age of 24.

Matt.

Signed - and agreed. Whtever the rights/wrong of the conflict the troops at the sharp end and the families back hone deserve 110% of the Gov'ts s support.

Might be a good idea in future for members of a Gov't wanting to declare war if they were in the first wave of troops posted!!!

What is a Inquest?

Take a look here mate: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_verdict

Isn't this what Soldier's, Sailors and Airmen sign up for, to go to war, I understand that governments do not care (maybe) but it is their job to fight for their country, I cannot understand why people want an inquest if the fallen have done so in battle, I can understand regarding the MP's that were lost that was just plain idiocy or the blue on blue stuff.

Sorry to be a kill joy here but that is my view, I am all for the service our boys and girls give, but at the end of it, it is their job.