Bedford MW Canvas

nat2one

Hi there.

Does anyone know where else I am likely to get a canvas made for my Bedford I'm restoring? I spoke to Allied at Stoneleigh this Jan and they aren't going to be doing them again for some time it seams!

I need the cab and rear tilt making up. I think someone had one done on here recently that I saw and it was a very well made one.

Any suggestions most welcome please.

I believe Frank at PegasusWW2 Displays manufactures tilts etc. Top bloke who knows his stuff, if he is currently doing them. Do a search for him on Google. He is located somewhere in the Wigan area, sorry I cannot be more specific. He also posts on the WW2 re-enacting forum as 'Pegasus- Drive' - you could PM him through there. Don't know if he comes on here.

I believe Frank at PegasusWW2 Displays manufactures tilts etc. Top bloke who knows his stuff, if he is currently doing them. Do a search for him on Google. He is located somewhere in the Wigan area, sorry I cannot be more specific. He also posts on the WW2 re-enacting forum as 'Pegasus- Drive' - you could PM him through there. Don't know if he comes on here.

try south cumbria ,north lancs mvt ask on there , think he is on there ........good guy

Thanks Jules

I meant to ask you the other night where you got the one for the Humber done.

I have the one off of the Bowser for a pattern for the cab but I would need to see if anyone would lend me a rear tilt to make a pattern from!

It was nice quality wasn't it?

Nath

Allied Canvas, Jim Clark, I've found to be first class, they made up a cab canvas and tilt for the back (with proper copper gauze rear view window) for my Morris Commercial C4 (not too different to MW). An excellent job they made of them which fits properly. They're currently doing some windows for my CMP Chevvy C8a HUW and seat covers. Jerry

Allied Canvas, Jim Clark, I've found to be first class, they made up a cab canvas and tilt for the back (with proper copper gauze rear view window) for my Morris Commercial C4 (not too different to MW). An excellent job they made of them which fits properly. They're currently doing some windows for my CMP Chevvy C8a HUW and seat covers. Jerry

I spoke to Jim at last years W&P show about my QL and got the impression that they wont be doing any more British unless his man comes out of retirement.

Some years ago I had a full set of Canvas made for a MW, including sidescreens. The company was Undercover Covers in Birmingham, a chap called Steve. It was an excellent job and I had the choice of the heavy flax canvas as original or the lighter modern canvas. I opted for the heavy one. Not sure if he is still doing vintage work but think they had a stand at Beltring a couple of years ago. They do a lot of Land Rover canopies and work for the Ministry of Defence.

Thanks Chaps

I will try some of those suggestions.

fayjo65 I have some pics of it on a previous thread with Rippo:

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?36668-Bedford-MW-Windscreen

Have you got some of your MWD?

Ah yes, I had seen the thread, didny put 2 + 2 together. I have a restoration blog on here 'Bedford MWD restoration'.

Do you Oxfordshire guys attend an MVT branch?

Ah yes, I had seen the thread, didny put 2 + 2 together. I have a restoration blog on here 'Bedford MWD restoration'.

Do you Oxfordshire guys attend an MVT branch?

Hi yes we do, North Oxfordshire & Cotswolds held at the Hock Norton Brewery & South Oxfordshire held at Long Wittenham.

I spoke to Rod today from Classic Covers. Very nice guy who sounds like he is up for the job. You were right about the patterns though Julian, I think he would prefer to have the truck so he can fit the canvas to it.

Just need to send him some photos. So if anyone has some good detailed close ups of an MW canvas they would be most welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Nath

Just recently aquired an MWD, that needs some minor work and a general tidy up. But the canvas is well worn so I will be looking to have a full set made with a copola ring. Perhaps if there are a few of us after a set it may make it more worthwhile to produce.

Andy

Nath

Just recently aquired an MWD, that needs some minor work and a general tidy up. But the canvas is well worn so I will be looking to have a full set made with a copola ring. Perhaps if there are a few of us after a set it may make it more worthwhile to produce.

Andy

Hi Andy,

I might also be interested in a full set for the MWD late version but a copola ring is not absolutely necessary to me! Curious what you can do!

Danny

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Had a discussion today about the length of the straps for the roof and we both wondered ][ATTACH=CONFIG]74992[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74991[/ATTACH

What is the bracket is for on the rear frame, any ideas?