Firepower Feb. 2007

I only ever recall seeing the artillery and if I recall a single aircraft used for spotting. I Can't recall seeing vehicles :?

Strange how you think you saw or didn't see something, only to be told the opposite

Kev,

If you saw the Auster aircraft at the Rotunda, then there were vehicles there at that time, amongst them, I can think of Bedford MK, Bedford RL drone launcher, Volvo Bv202, Morris Commercial C9B Bofors, International M series Honest John launcher and another M series missile supply truck, Centurion, Sexton SP gun, M40 SP gun, M44 SP gun, Abbot, Tracked Rapier, M548 supply vehicle, Russian 2S1 SP gun, prototype 155mm SP gun mounted on Leopard running gear, Lance missile launcher and Lance supply vehicle.............and of course the Stalwart. I worked on most of them at some point during the 1990's, either at REME wksps or on site.

Richard

Great stuff gents - I am sure your group has the best fun out of all of the groups.....you are always smiling!

Stuart - what was wrong with the Landy and did laying the boot it work??

Neil - that Stolly looks the business - what does it do to the gallon and does it recognise speed bumps :schocked:

Who was driving the Landy over the speed bumps......has he been giving Mark lessons in his Reo :whistle:

:-D

She is Jack - even better than a GMC!!! :-) :-)

I'm getting between 2.5 and 3 mpg right now - was over 3.5 mpg last year so some more TLC is obviously required on the little lady.

What speed bumps were they then - never noticed anything unusual going down :evil: :evil:

If Lees got first dibs on theMorris - then I've got first dibs on the Sexton beside it!!! :-) :-) I really LIKED that one.

It was a nice museum - although I did question the comment on one of the 25 pndr's "As used by the SAS" - even though it was the famous one from Mirbat!!

got a few photo's to paste up - been busy sorting out the vandalism on the house and car that occured early Sunday morning though !!!!

Nice to meet yet more of the forum members there, gradually putting names to faces - but bear with me if I don't remember them properly till we've met a few times :-(

Lee missed the one of the best bits - was running low on fuel so had to head to Chadwell St Maryto add some motion lotion to the tank. Right before the garage is a set of traffic lights that we had to turn right at then left into the filling station. Lights go green, we roll forwards but the learner coming the other way is static. We reach mid point and he's still not moving so I assume they are staggered lights and turn right. Freddy follows in his Landrover and the guy is still sitting there. Pull up at athe pump literally just as the engine dies from fuel starvation. Whislt we're strugglin to get the filler cap off this learner pull in to refuel and starts b*ll*cking us for turning right in front of him, saying we could have screwed some ones driving test up??.

So I simply pointed out that he hadn't moved at all before either vehicle had turneds o the staggered lights were assumed, that we'd just made it as it was, if we'd sat and waited for his pupil to dither we'd have cut out before reaching the filling station and how would he like the idea of pushing 9.5 ton of steel and rubber and whereabouts in the realm of fair practice did a 30 or 60 minute driving lesson include the pupil wasting 10 minutes whilst the instructor refuelled and acted like an idiot!! :evil: :evil:

Luckily Freddy missed the jibe about the jeep that was following!!!! :-)

Richard,

the Stalwart is now stored outside at Firepower rusting away, not on display to public.. it stood for a couple of years with the hatches open.. they have other bits outside too going the same way >:(

Lee's right I'm afraid - we gave it a close looking over and the cab is a right mess!!

the side- and tail-gates looked to be brand new though, could have found a good home for those :-) And the Flak-88 the other end of the yard.

Phil got a phone number on Sunday though to ask about ownership of the 623 so maybe.................. :-) :-)

Great weekend but alas one casualty

Paul's stomach ache turned out to be a rumbling appendix so he is now laid up after a successful removal.

He now carries a chit specifically for Fred and Phil ........No stomach jumping or tying up for at least three months. He may be fit for tying at Beltring but will have to wait and see what the MO says.

In comment to the bits there and what we'd like.

Got to be the Bofors on the Morris, the Abbot is pretty good as well, Sexton, AS90 :drool: :drool: :drool:, The Snow cat with the 105 light gun and the Stormer. (Not neccessarilly in that order)

Great weekend but alas one casualty

Paul's stomach ache turned out to be a rumbling appendix so he is now laid up after a successful removal.

He now carries a chit specifically for Fred and Phil ........No stomach jumping or tying up for at least three months. He may be fit for tying at Beltring but will have to wait and see what the MO says.

In comment to the bits there and what we'd like.

Got to be the Bofors on the Morris, the Abbot is pretty good as well, Sexton, AS90 :drool: :drool: :drool:, The Snow cat with the 105 light gun and the Stormer. (Not neccessarilly in that order)

Get well soon!

Great weekend..... And someone has taken a photo of my Pinkie and even one of me!!!!.....Woo hoo..... I have also now replaced the starter, so I wont be having those embarrissing episodes again :oops:....

Good to meet a few people off of here.

Good meeting you Karl, don't forget to send back the Bunker Forms :-D

Cheers

Lee

I wont..... I also am gonna send you the GPMG pics for the gas conversion querrie..... I hope it can be done as a play in the arena at Beltring with an operational GPMG on the Pinkie is gonna be great!!!!

No Problem, just been finishing a .30Cal today & starting on another .50cal at the weekend.. :-D