British Army Northern Ireland

JakLomas

And there's one more I forgot to list......."Badge, Rank, Sleeve, Woven Cloth, olive green device, black background, Squadron Quartermaster Corporals, Staff Corporals, HC (Household Cavalry)" - "Inverted 4 bar with small crown above"..........worn on the lower sleeve apparently...:D

• 2 weeks later...
It was removed as it was copyrighted to someone else.. see forum rules..

Oh well....I was just going to look at the cap badge more closely to check against references..........:( although I won't be referring to Forum rules (no disrespect intended) as this is the responsibility of the person posting, not mine as a mere commentator......:-)

if its Green Howards..why is it worn with 7th armoured brigade 'desert rats' patch??

If I remember right we had the desert Rats patch when we was in Minden Germany Back in 1969-72 when I left but don’t ask me why as in them days all I was interested in was beer and enjoying my self . Cheers Bill:nut::nut:

well...not a great start from me!!..i have posted about 3/4 threads trying to intro myself and cany see them..

as for the enquiry..i have seen two pics of troops in NI 1971, one wearing beret with Green Howards cap badge and sleeve patch of 7th arm brigade desert rats, second wearing RGJ cap badge and again & 7th arm sleeve patch. So why 2 diff units worn by same person..?..former unit?..puzzled...

h..did it..can anyone identify the cap badge? above

The cap badge in Bazz's series of pictures is 15th/19th The King's Royal Hussars from our tour 1974-1976 when we were Northern Ireland Armoured Car Regiment, based in Omagh and with responsibility (according to AN ANALYSIS OF MILITARY OPERATIONS IN NORTHERN IRELAND, foreword by General Sir Mike Jackson GCB CBE DSO ADC Gen http://w1.publicaddress.net/assets/upload/224146/-1650345631/opbanner.pdf ) for some 53% of the border with the republic. Some of the best and most formative days of my life.

The cap badge in Bazz's series of pictures is 15th/19th The King's Royal Hussars from our tour 1974-1976 when we were Northern Ireland Armoured Car Regiment, based in Omagh and with responsibility (according to AN ANALYSIS OF MILITARY OPERATIONS IN NORTHERN IRELAND, foreword by General Sir Mike Jackson GCB CBE DSO ADC Gen http://w1.publicaddress.net/assets/upload/224146/-1650345631/opbanner.pdf ) for some 53% of the border with the republic. Some of the best and most formative days of my life.

And wasn't I good looking then.