A wet weekend playing with our toys!

Very nice Nick - how big is that bang?

My ear is still ringing today and we let the bang (or should I say bangs!) go on Saturday afternoon!! We let the 37mm go bang a few times as well with slightly smaller charges but we weren't brave enough to put the big ones in it! They were very effective!

Fortunately we were on a large piece of private land so we could get away with the noise!

Now I'm OD all over, green with envy. Not only is it to d*mn cold here, but I want some of that you are towing behind the trucks. Looks like a really great day. I've always thought that the trips in the worst weather is always the most fun.

Would it be possible to get some more photos of the cannons? You could mail them to me. And I never get tired of watching Dodge photos.

(M)arty

Nick,

I heard about the tent collapses. Any photos? Or of Paul falling over his chair after one too many... :beer: ?

- Mike

News travels fast! No photos of the tent collapse in the middle of the night. I was safely tucked up in the dodge out of the weather for the night! It was a pretty big pyramidal tent (see the background of the photos) as well so I think it came down with a bit of a thump!

I think (can't remember too much about the night - nothing to do with drinking, I have a bad memory!) I was on the ground trying to stand up when he fell over! Needless to say it was a bit slippery underfoot!

Marty,

A few more pics attached. The 6x6 Dodge was very slow pulling the 57mm. Whenever we hit even a slight gradient we dropped down to 10-15mph! We had some great queues behind us at times!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi Hick,

Enjoyed the photos very much - Have you given any more thought to convoying up to Suffolk this summer for our Red Ball Express convoy - OPERATION BOLERO?

Cheers

Cds

Hick??? Who on earth is Hick??? :evil: :evil:

You been watching too many re-runs of last Sundays Top Gear and the Alabama gas station sequence Clive ??? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hick??? Who on earth is Hick??? :evil: :evil:

You been watching too many re-runs of last Sundays Top Gear and the Alabama gas station sequence Clive ??? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Clive,

Guess you had been at the bottle, hick, hick :beer:

Would love to do the convoy but am unsure what i'm doing around then. Maybe in the middle of moving house. Should know a bit more in a month or so's time. Sorry I can't give you a definate answer now.

Cheers, Nick AKA Hick