Declaration of exemption form for mot

Isn't this form only for first registration?

You should find that once a vehicle has been taxed as exempt, the tax renewal merely requires you to put a X in the 'mot exempt' box. This way the responsibility is yours alone to ensure the exemption remains valid when taxing the vehicle.

Hi

i have a 1954 Austin champ which has a 1968 v5 as a farmers HGV ? it has been off the road for some 10 years or so. i am going to get it a age related plate so it will show historic on the v5 and its correct date when it was built 1954. The MVT have check it out and i have the paper work to take to the DVLA, can anyone see any pit falls with my plan ?

Thanks Tony.

Edited by cossy1

Hi

i have a 1954 Austin champ which has a 1968 v5 as a farmers HGV ? it has been off the road for some 10 years or so. i am going to get it a age related plate so it will show historic on the v5 and its correct date when it was built 1954. The MVT have check it out and i have the paper work to take to the DVLA, can anyone see any pit falls with my plan ?

Thanks Tony.

I think you will have to mot it once (ie the first time) after being sorn and then its exempt from then on. I think this is to stop anyone pulling something out of the barn after a long time and going straight on the road.! Unless someone knows better.

Hi

Thanks Tony.

Apart from dealing with DVLA? As to first registration, yes, that happned to me bringing my WC54 Katy back from Jersey onto her old English number. If the vehicle had a previous civillian plate and you have a record, try asking for it. I did and SSY823 was still available so she got it back. The MOT will be nessacary for first registration and issue of a tax disc regardless of age I have been told.

Edited by Tony B

?? If it doesn't need an mot I can't see that you would need an mot for first registration. I'm just about to register a s/h, but previously unregistered, loading shovel. That is mot exempt, and there is no facility to mot it, so how would that work? I should be able to do it because it is of a type which is mot exempt. ??

It may be different for road-going car or truck-derived vehicles but can anyone point us to the legislation / guidance indicating so?

no u dont need or get a mot at first registration of mv, if said mv is mot exempt.

Hi

my Austin champ already has a log book, but on the log book it is down as a farmers HGV ? and date of reg is 1968. i am going to get it a age related plate so it will show historic on the v5 and its correct date when it was built 1954. The MVT have check it out and i have the paper work to take to the DVLA, can anyone see any pit falls with my plan ? i

I plan to do this after the 18th of nov which is when pre 1960 are exempt MOT. I have two issues with the log book at present one is its tax class which shows farmers HGV Which it is not and the fact that it has no date of when the champ was made, and you are correct about first registration.My ferret did not need a MOT at fisrt regidtration as it was made in 1959. just ticked the box on the 112 g form.

thanks for your input.

Regards Tony.

no u dont need or get a mot at first registration of mv, if said mv is mot exempt.

Not if you have no VC5. The first MOT actually starts the process of generating of document. I have to say in my case the local DVLA office at Sidcup went out of their way to be helpful, that's probably why local offices are due to close.

daimler ferrets are mot exempt because they are classed as motor tractors ,nothing to do with when they are built

Hi

Yes you can use motor tractors but you can use pre 1960 which is number 30 on DVLA form v112g which is for veh over 3500 kg. my ferret is 1959 mk2 which is 3800kg dry weight . Some ferrets where made after 1st Jan 60 so you have to use motor tractor. they are looking at removing most of the exemptions on the v112g, pre 1960 is not one of them.

Regards Tony

the mot does not start the process of generating docs i was first to road reg my ferret 1.no mot needed in fact first official paperwork is getting mv insured under hull no 2. i contacted vosa daimler ferrets are mot exempt because they are classed as motor tractors 3. this has all been done to death if further reading required look under legislation section of this forum , then mot exemption legislation sit back and read all 44 pages of it!!!!!!!!:cool2:

the mot does not start the process of generating docs i was first to road reg my ferret 1.no mot needed in fact first official paperwork is getting mv insured under hull no 2. i contacted vosa daimler ferrets are mot exempt because they are classed as motor tractors 3. this has all been done to death if further reading required look under legislation section of this forum , then mot exemption legislation sit back and read all 44 pages of it!!!!!!!!:cool2:

Hi

yes i know that you do not have to MOT a ferret as i have completed the process as i was the first to road reg my ferret. i also got in contact with DVLA who informed me that i had 2 options on exemption of MOT. one motor tactor. Two, due to its age 1959 i could use exemption 30 pre 1960, pick one so i did.

Regards Tony

When submitting the forms to the DVLA with the V112g it gives a list of possible exemptions if yours falls into one of these then you will be OK I used Engineering truck (4) for my DAF. But I was registering it as a Special Vehicle.

But that was for a Goods Vehicle the exemptions for ordinary vehicles are less.

When you tax it then you have to take the form to the post office they never asked me any questions.

When submitting the forms to the DVLA with the V112g it gives a list of possible exemptions if yours falls into one of these then you will be OK I used Engineering truck (4) for my DAF. But I was registering it as a Special Vehicle.

When you tax it then you have to take the form to the post office they never asked me any questions.

Thanks for that,a pre 1960 exemption is new on the 18th on this month.

By Daf i guess you mean 4x4 leyland Daf ?. on What grounds is it a special vehicle or could it be an engineering vehicle

All my trucks are on a v112g, they are often sorned and re-taxed without probs. Have once been questioned by a postmistress as to why my v112g form was 5yrs old and that she didnt want to tax it, I didnt argue although I could have,

just downloaded form again. If its mot exempt it should never need an mot, they dont have facilities to do it thats why many exemptions are in place.

Just a update on my application for age related registration . Went to DVLA Chester today with my v5 log book and letter of verification from the MTV. After a lot of questions in the office by the person dealing with my application . She came back to me with new registration from 1954 (form number v948 number plate authorisation cert) a new V112 dated 10/12 (categories a to o ) o is the new cat pre 1960. And a v10 application for a tax disc. She gave me my v5c/3 back to me and sent the rest of to Swansea with my letter of verification . She has told me that my new v5 will be back in about 6 weeks and to come back to sort out a tax disc and sort the tax class out (from restricted Hgv farmer to histrionic . Will require insurance if I won't to tax. Very helpful at Chester , seams to easy.

Without getting into the legalities and going round and round in what constitutes a special vehicle or an engineering vehicle or even an educational vehicle the onus is on the owner to have the vehicle correctly MOT'd and taxed. If you have an accident and the insurance company deems that the vehicle should have been MOT'd and not exempted the insurance company will void the insurance leaving you uninsured and liable for any damages that the other vehicle owner has inccured. If you can say that you have enough money in you're bank account or the value of you're house plus you're parents house and pension pot to pay off a personnel injury claim then go ahead and exempt you're vehicle.

Nough said

Edited by ferrettkitt

Without getting into the legalities and going round and round in what constitutes a special vehicle or an engineering vehicle or even an educational vehicle the onus is on the owner to have the vehicle correctly MOT'd and taxed. If you have an accident and the insurance company deems that the vehicle should have been MOT'd and not exempted the insurance company will void the insurance leaving you uninsured and liable for any damages that the other vehicle owner has inccured. If you can say that you have enough money in you're bank account or the value of you're house plus you're parents house and pension pot to pay off a personnel injury claim then go ahead and exempt you're vehicle.

Nough said

That not for me then Andy

Regards Tony