Declaration of exemption form for mot

Just a update on my application for age related registration . Went to DVLA Chester today with my v5 log book and letter of verification from the MTV. After a lot of questions in the office by the person dealing with my application . She came back to me with new registration from 1954 (form number v948 number plate authorisation cert) a new V112 dated 10/12 (categories a to o ) o is the new cat pre 1960. And a v10 application for a tax disc. She gave me my v5c/3 back to me and sent the rest of to Swansea with my letter of verification . She has told me that my new v5 will be back in about 6 weeks and to come back to sort out a tax disc and sort the tax class out (from restricted Hgv farmer to histrionic . Will require insurance if I won't to tax. Very helpful at Chester , seams to easy.

Well still waiting for my new log book 9 weeks on . Called DVLA and was told that my application is with the policy markers even though that the application was made before the 18 of November goal post seams to come to mined . As I said seams to easy.

Edited by cossy1

Well still waiting for my new log book 9 weeks on . Called DVLA and was told that my application is with the policy markers even though that the application was made before the 18 of November gaol post seams to come to mined . As I said seams to easy.

Been covered on here elsewhere

The DVLA are quite clear on what evidence is required for a vehicle that is already registered (has a V5) but was built before its date of registration (which appears to be where you are)

They require a copy of the manufacturers build data or an extract from the relevant Glass's Check Guide (not the Glass's price guide)

They do say however that if this evidence is not available then they will judge each case individually

I do believe that the Champ records do exist but I dont know where

HI

I may be able to help with were are the champ records and contract Ledgers I HELD both at BEVERLEY if they are not

with the RLC MUSEUM They may be with THE NATIONAL ARMY MUSEUM LONDON If not GAYDON as a lastor they may have been dumped like alot of stuff held at BEVERLEY

REGARDS WALLY

• 5 weeks later...
Well still waiting for my new log book 9 weeks on . Called DVLA and was told that my application is with the policy markers even though that the application was made before the 18 of November goal post seams to come to mined . As I said seams to easy.

Well finally got my new log book with a age related number , it took a second letter from the MVT and a letter of verification from the Champ owners club to swing it . big thanks to Chris and John with all there help on this application, good luck to anyone who is going to apply for any changers to the V5 information.

Regards Tony.

Edited by cossy1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the DVLA tax demand through for the Disco. Intrestingly at the bottom of the page and I quote:' FROM 18TH NOVEMBER 2012 VEHICLES MANUFACTURED OR REGISTERED BEFORE 1ST JANUARY 1960 WILL NO LONGER NED AN MOT'.

So the vehicle dosen't need to have been registered pre 1960 but MANUFACTURED.

Just got the DVLA tax demand through for the Disco. Intrestingly at the bottom of the page and I quote:' FROM 18TH NOVEMBER 2012 VEHICLES MANUFACTURED OR REGISTERED BEFORE 1ST JANUARY 1960 WILL NO LONGER NED AN MOT'.

So the vehicle dosen't need to have been registered pre 1960 but MANUFACTURED.

Tony

Thats been the case all along

The issue is an ex military vehicle (for the sake of argument) will not have the date of manufacture recorded on the DVLA database only the date of registration, this is then the date the DVLA go on hence some of the issues with Champs

I have just got the date of manufacture changed on my 1955 Series 1 Land Rover that was registered in 1963 (on demob)

The returned V5 however still shows the date of registration as 1963 BUT the DVLA records show manufacture as 1955