Ruddington catalogues

AmphibAndy

Does anyone have the Ruddington Catalogues from the sales in the 1960s by any chance? I am trying to build a history file on my Daimler Dingo and would like to track down its sale details. I would imagine it went through the auctions during 1968 when the majority of Dingoes were sold, but I stand to be corrected?

In 1968 we went to Ruddington with an mv dealer friend and bought six Dingo's, seem to think there were 60 for sale, they averaged out at £38 each!! all runners, the one I selected had a class 1 rebuild and had only 300 miles recorded, they were stored at a depot at Ludgershall near Andover where we had previously viewed them, I don't have the Ruddington catalogue anymore or remember the exact date

Edited by Nick Johns

In 1968 we went to Ruddington with an mv dealer friend and bought six Dingo's, seem to think there were 60 for sale, they averaged out at £38 each!! all runners, the one I selected had a class 1 rebuild and had only 300 miles recorded, they were stored at a depot at Ludgershall near Andover where we had previously viewed them, I don't have the Ruddington catalogue anymore or remember the exact date

thanks Nick. I have one page of the catalgue with some prices on it which relates to my first Dingo, but I cannot find any reference on this page to any others. I assume there are some more pages. Mine first one came out in a lot of 5 sold to Derek Dyson from Huddersfield. If it was only 60 Dingoes sold at this auction I wonder where and when all the others were sold?

I have scanned the page I do have of the Dingoes sold in 1968, if anyone has the other pages relating to Dingoes please can I have a copy, if there were any? hope this is of some interest to other Dingo owners out there.

Hi Andrew,

I once had photocopies of two pages from that catalogue, the one shown and another, probably previous page. Sadly, I lent them to someone and never returned to me.

I might know someone who has this catalogue, but cannot get hold of him at the moment.

Richard

Thanks Guys, I appreciate the help. I am now going to sound rather mad. I have lost/mislaid the number of the Dingo I am looking for now. I will check it when I am next down the shed where it is kept and carry on the thread. I know it was not on my page from the auction above because I checked it last time. I wrote the number down an now cannot find it. Sorry to waste your time, but if you have the other page of Dingoes do please let me know, or post it up here.

Thanks Guys, I appreciate the help. I am now going to sound rather mad. I have lost/mislaid the number of the Dingo I am looking for now. I will check it when I am next down the shed where it is kept and carry on the thread. I know it was not on my page from the auction above because I checked it last time. I wrote the number down an now cannot find it. Sorry to waste your time, but if you have the other page of Dingoes do please let me know, or post it up here.

Andrew,

I am sending you a PM, your Dingo is on that page!

Richard

Sorry, unable to scan it in, mine I have realised is on your page and one of 5 costing £165 so mine was in fact about £33.00!

The next page (81) only has 2 lots

lot 2042 Daimler Scout Car 4x4 21ZS57

Lot 2043 ditto 94ZV82

to be sold at Ruddington and to be viewed at MT stores sub-depot Sinfin Lane Derby 3/4 mile from Normanton Barracks.

I hope this helps but I have no further info.

thanks for the information. I will check the Dingo and see whether it is on there or not. At least 40 Dingoes ended up with one dealer in Hounslow, subsequently sold to a dealer in East Sussex and then sold out to collectors far and wide. I wonder if the information exists, as a matter of public record, as to who bought what? Would be interesting, I bet you would track down one or two still hidden away. I remember my Dad buying 95ZV48 in 1974 after seeing an advert for it for £325. Seemed good profit for the dealer in 6 years but not a bad buy now I suppose!

thanks for the information. I will check the Dingo and see whether it is on there or not. At least 40 Dingoes ended up with one dealer in Hounslow, subsequently sold to a dealer in East Sussex and then sold out to collectors far and wide. I wonder if the information exists, as a matter of public record, as to who bought what? Would be interesting, I bet you would track down one or two still hidden away. I remember my Dad buying 95ZV48 in 1974 after seeing an advert for it for £325. Seemed good profit for the dealer in 6 years but not a bad buy now I suppose!

yes , what are they worth today? theres not many about and they are not making any more