The sexiest POST WAR Truck

ian2b

Those vehicles are all very well but can they claim a service life of 40 years? The prize winner surely has to be the Humber 1-Ton FV1600 Series. The chassis & engines built in 1953 & continued in service until April 1993. Looking pretty h*rny I think after all this time!

width=640 height=505http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/fv1620/PigtshirtR.jpg[/img]

For me its 'even stevens' between the Pig & the Ferret.

Both are cool - ideal everyday runabouts, perfect for a bit of shopping in town as down here in Dorset when the sun comes out so do the grockles, so all that armour makes it so much easier to find/make a suitable parking space :whistle: :naughty:

Then when parked up with all you precious bits and peices inside no nasty lilttle tea leaf is able to smash a window and make off with any of it :-D

Those vehicles are all very well but can they claim a service life of 40 years? The prize winner surely has to be the Humber 1-Ton FV1600 Series. The chassis & engines built in 1953 & continued in service until April 1993. Looking pretty h*rny I think after all this time!

width=640 height=505http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/fv1620/PigtshirtR.jpg[/img]

Come on Clive the Humber should be under the sexiest post war armour - Not truck section

Come on Clive the Humber should be under the sexiest post war armour - Not truck sectrion

Yes, Humbers are so versatile! This is the oldest Pig in the world FV1609, but the most expensive Humber is entered in the armour section (£90 million for 24 vehicles in 1963)