Redhill Steam Fair 2007 11 & 12 August.

Redhill Steam Fair, 11-12August 2007:

Robin's Cook Farm (opposite Redhill BoB Aerodrome), Redhill, Surrey.

Dedicated Military Vehicle section in and around wooded area.

Free “run-what-you-brung” off road course (participation at owner’s own risk & subject to weather conditions)

Dioramas, displays and re-enactments welcome.

No need to pre-book but an idea of numbers would be helpful.

Early arrival and late departure possible by prior agreement.

All other classes of vehicles and displays welcome too.

Free cuppa waiting at MV Marshall encampment for HMVF members and anyone else who is nice enough to me.

For more info. see http://www.redhillsteamfair.co.uk, e-mail tootallmike at hotmail.com or call Mike on 07747 772838

• 2 months later...

Just to big this one up again, I was on site at the weekend and it's all looking very promising for this year. We were discussing the site layout and I've negotiated a larger military area than last year so I need lots of you lovely people to attend :-) :-) :-). You can make it as long a weekend as you like and I'll be on site for at least 2 days either side if you wanted to leave vehicles and return later.

The reviewer in the Horsham Historics magazine wrote that he thought it was the most realistic MV/re-enactment display he'd ever seen, saying that the encampment was as he remembered as a kid in the 40s. :-D

(not to say that PW MVs aren't welcome too of course!)

This is one of the most relaxed shows you'll ever attend. We do what we please, when we please. There is an arena timetable but it's more as a guideline for the public than anything else. For example last year we decided to have a truck horn sound-off in the middle of the arena as the vintage cars were leaving. We also had a hastily-arranged MV convoy around the site after our arena event. This year there are a number of sillinesses planned - more of that nearer the time. There will also probably be a road run out to a local hostelry on the Friday night.

We're planning a working weekend on site in a few weekends' time to widen bridges, clear up wood and some scrap and to upgrade the off-road course. The course will be open to all to try over the show weekend, but at your own risk. We're designing it with tracked armour in mind so it won't be for the faint-hearted!

We also now have an American Civil War re-enactment living history camp coming so we're looking forward to loud battles and cavalry charges :-)

• 1 month later...

Just bumping this one up again folks. The MV area has just got a bit bigger and Grasshopper has promised to single-handedly get both CVRTs finished in time to play on the off-road course. I've also been told I'm doing a tree-winching demo which sounds sufficiently dangerous to be good fun :evil:

Just bumping this one up again folks. The MV area has just got a bit bigger and Grasshopper has promised to single-handedly get both CVRTs finished in time to play on the off-road course. I've also been told I'm doing a tree-winching demo which sounds sufficiently dangerous to be good fun :evil:

If you' re tree winching Mike - I'll be watching from a distance - like Gatwick. :-D

See ya there ya nut.

Markheliops

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any directions to this one Mike, might try to make this one as I am not working that weekend.

Markheliops, if I can do this fancy a "convoy" down there :whistle:

Could do Mark -

Bear in mind i am taking the 432 as the Ward isn't up to a road journey as still have dodgy torque rods.

I'm happy for a convoy as long as you don't mind being restricted to 30mph. Obviously I am taking the B roads.

Up to you mate - if you fancy taking the motorway of speeding down there on your jack - no offence taken.

Can you let me know whatever as if I am making the journey on my own I will leave Friday afternoon as I have the day off.

Markheliops

Directional note anyone coming to the show: the turning from Mason's Bridge Road into Kings Mill Lane is EVIL :evil: if you're coming from the East Surrey Hospital end. Even in a Jimmy you need to be on the other side of the road. It's a lot tighter than it looks on the map. I got the Ward and trailer round in one and Grasshopper did it in the long bed M55 but you need to be prepared for it and swing right out!

nb. just obtained 1/4 tonne of extra firewood :naughty:

Hi all.

Leaving for Redhill today at 1000ish with the 432.

First road run for the armour and lets hope it goes more smoothly than the trip to Bolero.

Hope to see some of you there.

Come and say hi to Mikes knees, Vince's head, Marks new Jimmy and my new toy.

Markheliops