MVT Essex Classic Military Vehicle and Vintage Aircraft Show

rgb

MVT Essex Classic Military Vehicle and Vintage Aircraft Show

11th/12th August 2007 - Damyns Hall Airfield near Upminster.

This is the return of our annual show.

Already planned; military vehicles of all eras, militaria collectors stalls and stalls for all the family, vintage aircraft, flying displays, aircraft and helicopter rides, flour bombing competions open to the public, re-enactment groups and more to come.

Interested in coming along and displaying? ALL era's, groups and nationalitys are welcome, as are individuals in uniform, and we are particularly interested in getting as many first war, korea, vietnam and falklands era displays and vehicles on display as we can

Click here for more details and all entry forms http://www.mvt-essex.org.uk/annual.htm

Richard

one good strike, :roll: and it will collapse in a mushroom cloud of rust dust...besides its a bit small, last year not one single strike was made on Dave Try's Landy, what we really need is a nice, big shiny bedford :-D

Will the E.A and S.S be making a bum freezer type entrance?

Richard

one good strike, :roll: and it will collapse in a mushroom cloud of rust dust...besides its a bit small, last year not one single strike was made on Dave Try's Landy, what we really need is a nice, big shiny bedford :-D

Richard

Thats a good idea a nice shiny bedford, I am glad Colin has agreed to use his bedford for the flour bombing :-D

I was not there when the others arrived at the bum freezer - hope they behaved themselfs.

No reason why we shouldn't Richard ;-)

Nothing like a POST WAR convoy to get the juices flowing especially when Armour is involved :evil: :evil:

I was not there when the others arrived at the bum freezer - hope they behaved themselfs.

Now now Ian, as one of the founder members you know we ALWAYS behave ourselves :whistle:

Thats a good idea a nice shiny bedford, I am glad Colin has agreed to use his bedford for the flour bombing

Whats that? :schocked: I hope he does it in between the Burger sales after all the club has to make some money somewhere :naughty:

No reason why we shouldn't Richard ;-)

Nothing like a Post War convoy to get the juices flowing especially when Armour is involved

Talking of which, there are (fingers crossed) some Falklands era reenactors coming along with a nice display, anything amongst your members that could be used by them as a static backdrop? hopefully as vehicles get booked in we will be able to borrow one or two correct period Landys, it is after all the 25th of the Falklands, something which I have hardly seen mentioned anywhere. Not popular or glamorous enough I guess....

Rich

Talking of which, there are (fingers crossed) some Falklands era reenactors coming along with a nice display, anything amongst your members that could be used by them as a static backdrop? hopefully as vehicles get booked in we will be able to borrow one or two correct period Landys, it is after all the 25th of the Falklands, something which I have hardly seen mentioned anywhere. Not popular or glamorous enough I guess....

Rich

Not many vehicles out there for Falklands Campaign displays..

From EMLRA Forum

There were no army landrovers on the Falklands during the actual campaign. The first landrovers only appeared after the islands were retaken. During the war itself the transport was mostly the tracked BV202s and a few Bedford trucks and Eager Beavers for logistics. There was some strange order that restricted the number of wheeled vehicles due to space shortages on the ships, but everyone could take as many BV202s as they liked.

Richard

what E.A and S.S entrance?as i recall the only EAandSS vehicle was johns 101 ambulance :dunno: ;-)in that convoy!!!! :evil:

Thats an interesting fact, I didn't realise that. Did the argies have plenty of equipment? there is an AA gun in the imperial war museum that came from the falklands, did they have heavy stuff to tow it, or were they static, placed by helicopter?

Richard

Will be there, I used to love Bletchley park when colin run it. Top bloke is colin Tebb.

Didn't know Colin Tebb had anything to do with Bletchley, what did he do there :dunno: or have you got him mixed up with someone else..

This Colin Tebb :dunno: :dunno:

100_3859colincatering8.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

If I remember correctly, the Atlantic Conveyor was packed to the gunwales with vehicles when she was sunk on her way to the islands. I think the only Land Rover used by the British Army in Operation Corporate was a civvy model captured from the Argies (who had, themselves, liberated it from some poor islander).

The only vehicle i have seen locally was a .............jeep of 1939--1945 age which was slightly modified (entrance panels cut out make it easier to get in and out was brought back to the U.K by the son of a chap who i believe lives in Weymouth i met him last year at a local show and next time i meet him i`ll try and get more info.

Ashley

• 1 year later...

Met up with about 60% of the East Anglian Fighting Vehicle Group - was great to meet & chat with those I've not previously met - particularly Clive Pemberton & family . Personal high point was seeing the G-MASH medivac helicopter fly but there were so many great re-enactments and displays it would take too long to mention them all .

On the down side - and speaking from the viewpoint of an ordinary day visitor - the catering was abysmal . The queues at the three food concessions were huge - when we finally got to the front at the hog roast/organic burger emporium they announced that they didn't actually have any food left to sell (early afternoon) & I didn't fancy another lengthy wait at the burger place next door . Also , didn't see a rubbish bin anywhere - there probably were some but they must have been few & far between .

Gripe over . Great show , great people . Loved it .(Even if it is inside the LEZ !)

Edited by snowtracdave