Off road run

Hi All

To any one who is interested in a nice chilled out run for Military Vehicles through the dense woodlands of the Forest of Dean The Forestry Commission has Granted us Permission to have a Forestry Track Road Run of about 30 miles and ending in a Bar B Q in the evening.

As most of you may know the woods in and around the forest was one of the biggest ammo dumps of the second world war prior to the D Day landings with most of the structures from that time still visible and many WW2 bits still to be found in and around the woods.

Places for the wood run are limited So please PM me or Rampant rivet so we can secure a place for you.This is a run what you bring event so any MV would be fine.

The plan for the weekend is this.

Start the wood run 30 miles 10.00am

Finishing at about 5.00pm

then Bar B Q

MV owners who want to make a weekend of it like myself . After the Bar B Q we will then drive a few yards to the Speech House Hotel field and pitch tents for the evening , Then we are sited ready for the Speech house Steam Show on the Sunday.

Dates for this Event are the 8th Sept, Wood run and 9th Sept The steam Show

Like i said anyone wanting to do this one PM me or rampant rivet and we can secure you a place.

boomboo​m

Heres a couple of pics of last years run.

100_1683.jpg

Mallards pyke

100_1696.jpg

Acorn patch ammo storage area

100_1658.jpg

Sallow vallets enclosure

Bit of video =

100%

As Pete has mentioned this is a laid back way to travel off road around the forest pm us so that we have an idea of numbers and we can send you further details anyone wishing to stay overnight and attend the vintage show on the sunday will need to fill in an entry form ASAP available via email from us.

Look forward to seeing you in the F.O.D. RR

Edited by rampant rivet

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update regarding the run, we now have our written permision from the Forestry commission and are going on a recce to set the route out ready for the 8th Sept " war is Hell" :-D anyone wishing to attend the run please contact myself or Boom Boom so we have an idea of numbers etc.

RR.

• 2 weeks later...

Did I hear RIGHT TODAY

The weather for this coming week is to be quite GOOD

RIGHT bar b q and mettle detector in the back of the truck and just wait for Saturday the 8th to do the wood run .

Its a free run if anyone interested . Burger van sorted.

Pete:D:D:D:D:D

Had a great chinwag with Dave one of the main men/organisers for the Vintage Vehicle Show that's coming this Sunday and he said they've had a lot of Military Vehicles booking in for it over the last few weeks :-)!........and !!!!!!!!

the weather forecast is great!!

So!!!!!!!!!

I was just wondering........how many of them are off HMVF ?

Anyways!.......Look forward to meeting up :)

Hi Bud

Not sure yet how many are off HMVF and yes the weather is going to be a cracker.

On Sunday come over to the gun and have a natter bud and maybe even a beer or a nice cup of tea:cool2::cool2::cool2:.

Look forward to a good natter with you.

Pete

Well What a great weekend :-D Shame its over so quickly.

Off road run went without a hitch though the forest was busy with mountain bikers / orienteers and we even spotted some lamas and a donkey and cart !!!

12 vehicles made the effort to attend and the weather was glorious :-D :-D :-D 30 mile run with only an M20 getting a tad too warm not bad.

I'd like to take this chance to thank all those who helped make this event possible especially our 3 marshals who did a splendid job on the run.

Then we come to the vintage rally held in the field by speech house hotel on the sunday and I have to say that was brilliant too :D after a break for a few years it was great to be back at this wonderfull venue set in the heart of the Forest of Dean again this is a laid back show and very friendly after a chilly night for those who camped on the field after the off road run we've enjoyed another lovely warm day chillin out :-D :-D :-D a lot of hard work went into making this such a nice show. Will post some film and pics ASAP.

Will we do it all again next year ? well you'll have to wait and see I'm off to have a lie down !!!!

RR.

Ps Pete aka Boom Boom "CHEERS" me old mucker

100_2314.jpg

Boom Boom in action !!!!

100_2317.jpg

ready to go

100_2323.jpg

wagons a rolling

IMG_2571.JPG

amunition storage area lessson by the rivet

100_2325.jpg

BBq done time for a tipple

Edited by rampant rivet

:D:D:D:D:D

My weekend in short

Saturday 9.00am ,,,set up at show ready for the run . Brilliant fun and OK the truck left its footprint in the woods ? the carbon one as well:cool2:

Saturday night 11.00pm went to bed and woke up after an hour with soaking bedding due to condensation inside the truck canvas so didnt sleep at all saturday night just went for a walk and drank coffee till 8.00am .

Finish show and got home at 6.30pm Sunday then after a good warm bath To my surprise I woke up on Monday at 10.00ish with my Family again :D:D:D

You Guys know that some circumstances at shows stay with you for ever Brilliant weekend.

Thanks to all you Guys and Gals who made the effort to turn up and make the Run a really good event.

Pete:D

It certainly was a cracking show !.:-D

Hey sorry I didn't find you for that tea Pete!.....I wandered over a few times from the Landrover camp and chattered with Jerry and Billy........as you rightly said it was a really grand show and just the right size I reckons !....

I had to scoot off at 4.30 as I was working that night, so I shot off home , swapped trucks and went straight back out ...and then got cut off at Broadwell crossroads by a dirty great Yank truck towing an even bigger great big gun ! hahahah!

See you around sooner or later I guess !