Another mental person free again...

Canuck

Hi all, my names Nick, and a mere yoof at 24 - may be a bit young but when my 25th comes around, I will have been doing this for 10 years. I'm based in sunny Devon, which seems to have gone and been replaced by flippin' raining Devon. My ever changing collection consists of a 1939 Bedford MWD, with standard cab fitted by REME, a 1943 Bedford QLD, a combination of radio chassis and RAF field kitchen body, seamlessly done (she's up for grabs if anyone is interested), and my prized possession, a 1942 Chevrolet C8A HUW, seen in a recent MMI magazine. The MW came first, but Canadian stuff is my main "bag", baby (names a giveaway, really).

I get the feeling the day I get a real life, my collection will dwindle slightly, but until then I intend to own every WW2 vehicle I like at some point in the future. I've got a list of 50, from bikes to apcs. Told you I'm mental.

"You see this narrow stretch of road? This is the wide part" Lt. Col. Vandeleur

Welcome Nick :-D

Can only echo Marks comments - yes this is defiantly the place for you, and that you will feel right at home I'm sure.

Do you 'do' Buckfastliegh, if so we could meet up this year and say Hi :wave:

on reading you post again I am starting to wonder if you are Jack twin brother taken away at birth :whistle:

Hi there, finally another youngster amongst us! When you meet the members in real life, you'll be surprised how much they look like Dad's Army. * runs *

Watch it young man!

Welcome Nick and great intro, think you will fit in very well. I am not to sure who has the Dancing Girls but I am sure they will be along at some stage.

Please make yourself at home but Berni won't like it if you put your feet on the furniture and makes sure you put the loo seat down when you are finished, because Mrs Hferret will come looking for you otherwise!

Cheers

Jack.

welcome to the institution,

i have invested in 1 of them glo toilets that light up green if the seat is down & red if the man of the house has left it up. ( not sure what colour it is if the full lid is down though)

i also have an MW.

make yourself at home

Berni

What's the age cut off point between young and old? I'm trying to work out which side of the fence I'm on!!

Steve

Was gonna have a crack at Jack here about being old then realised he is 6mths younger than me all though you wouldn't think it to look at him :-D

I say anyone over 50 is old until i reach 50 that is. Now sitting back and waiting for the flack from the over 50's. :box:

being a mere female i'm not sure what a light bulb is let alone how to change it :angel:

anyway thats what i got married for :whistle:

i saw that loo seat in the sunday paper & thought the designer must have a real boring life to have come up with an idea like that. :dunno:

and have you decided what is old yet so i know which catagory to put myself into

at 38 i could start up the tweeny group, not young & not old just in beTWEEN :tup:

Berni

i'm not quite what can be classed as lady material

in fact i am unlady material so that rule doesn't count :-D

as for the fighting talk i have this notion that as long as russ can touch the ceiling he can change all the lightbulbs i require ;-)

i'll stick to scrubbing floors, with my accident record it is much safer

Berni

newish house with lower ceilings

advantages are changing lightbulbs,painting walls & ceilling.

dissadvantages are limitations with lightshades & potential decapitation if ceiling fans fitted, swinging cats can also be classed as a dangerous pastime with lower ceilings

berni

Sorry for disappearing, all, the new puppy just ate the phone cable whilst I was online. Lucky it wasn't a power cable.

So, to recap, I already have 1 older twin brother, not related, which causes great amusement when he gets annoyed about it.

Yes, I shall be at Buckfastleigh, it spawned me, in a weird kind of way. I shall be recognisable as the large person in Canadian clobber.

Canadian heritage goes as far as my great great uncle going to Newfoundland before it was part of Canada, depositing a copius amount of Dartmoor ponies in the region and digging the local fishing trade out of the gutter. In fact, the Newfies were quite appreciative of their Dartmoorish import, there are statues, busts, buildings, trusts all in his honour. My family gets everywhere.

:cry: I almost got serious there for a minute (shudders), can't let that sort of thing happen round here.

[quote

I say anyone over 50 is old until i reach 50 that is. Now sitting back and waiting for the flack from the over 50's. :box:

HHUUUMMMMPPPPFFFF watch it there i am not far off the old 5 0, a point which the wife quite often reminds me :-( i think i had better phone the C.A.B an offence of Ageism is surely being committed.

Ashley

[quote

HHUUUMMMMPPPPFFFF watch it there i am not far off the old 5 0, a point which the wife quite often reminds me :-( i think i had better phone the C.A.B an offence of Ageism is surely being committed.

Ashley

I will change my original post just for you Ashley, anyone over 51 is old. :-)

No old people were hurt in the posting of this message.