Military Vehicles at Firepower Museum

There is room there but you might be a little limited with turning circle on the WLF. That said it shouldnt be that much of a problem.

Its a "turn up" event but if you are going to come then it might be an idea to let someone know on here before Sat AM so that a definite space can be kept for you. (basically its position rather than allocation due to size)

Hope that answers your query Mike

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers John,

Turning circle's not too bad - I'll elbow me way in somehow. ;-)

To be honest I think our attendance will depend half on the weather and half on how Saturday night's party goes... :naughty:

I'll call Mike Buckley tomorrow night for a chat.

Hopefully we'll make it as I need a day away from the shed.

Thanks for the offer Steve but I can only make Saturday unfortunately at work on the Sunday.

The planning for the show is coming along slowly, we have plenty of the living history chaps coming, but certain museum staff being a pain in the a**e, not passing the paperwork etc (Management of course!!!!). I think some of them think its too much hassle for them to have weekends like this! But we're determined to get this off the ground.

Hopefully if we get the early mark Spitfire down we'll have a nice display outside the GWF (BofB) and the Spit Mk16 on the grass out front (Normandy), we might even have the jeep running by then. :rofl:

What time do you need vehicles in place by?

Hiya Rob

No major convoy this year but will be taking a smaller one instead. We've just heard the ferry will be closed all weekend so it looks like the Blackwall Tunnel will be getting the treat. I should imagine we will be there by 9.30 - 10.00 depends on traffic and any breakdowns on the way.

Later mate

Hiya Rob

No major convoy this year but will be taking a smaller one instead. We've just heard the ferry will be closed all weekend so it looks like the Blackwall Tunnel will be getting the treat. I should imagine we will be there by 9.30 - 10.00 depends on traffic and any breakdowns on the way.

Later mate

B*gg*r!!!!! I hate the Blackwall Tunnel :-(

They're gonna love a Stalwart rumbling through there!!!! :-(

Hiya Rob

Later mate

John - just a thought - what about over the QE2 bridge and along the A206??

Been playing with AutoRoute and this is the difference - or so the software reckons (figures are based on a Stalwarts speed and fuel consumption!)

Via QE2 Bridge and A206

SUMMARY

Driving distance: 25.7 miles

Trip duration: 1 hour, 6 minutes

Driving time: 1 hour, 6 minutes

Cost: £40.17 + tolls Each Way

Via Blackwall Tunnel

SUMMARY

Driving distance: 27.8 miles

Trip duration: 1 hour, 10 minutes

Driving time: 1 hour, 10 minutes

Cost: £43.50 Each Way

Headline News

* Speed camera on A2 shows 1969 Alvis Stalwart doing 80 mph in 30 mph zone!!!

* Independent witnesses testify that Stalwarts never did more than 40 - and this one usuallt about 25!!!

* All speed camera's banned a they are obviously defective!!!

Well - it's nice to dream, isn't it!!! :-D :-D :-D

On a serious note - are you taking the RL this weekend Ian??

Headline News

* Speed camera on A2 shows 1969 Alvis Stalwart doing 80 mph in 30 mph zone!!!

* Independent witnesses testify that Stalwarts never did more than 40 - and this one usuallt about 25!!!

* All speed camera's banned a they are obviously defective!!!

Well - it's nice to dream, isn't it!!! :-D :-D :-D

On a serious note - are you taking the RL this weekend Ian??

No cant make it but do enjoy yourselfs.

John - just a thought - what about over the QE2 bridge and along the A206??

Been playing with AutoRoute and this is the difference - or so the software reckons (figures are based on a Stalwarts speed and fuel consumption!)

Via QE2 Bridge and A206

SUMMARY

Driving distance: 25.7 miles

Trip duration: 1 hour, 6 minutes

Driving time: 1 hour, 6 minutes

Cost: £40.17 + tolls Each Way

Via Blackwall Tunnel

SUMMARY

Driving distance: 27.8 miles

Trip duration: 1 hour, 10 minutes

Driving time: 1 hour, 10 minutes

Cost: £43.50 Each Way

I was only quoting Stuart Neil as we will be meeting up with them as we drive in. Run your route past them and see whats said. Bear in mind though distances, times and costs are roughly the same with the Crossing route coming out dearest when toll costs are included.

I was only quoting Stuart Neil as we will be meeting up with them as we drive in. Run your route past them and see whats said. Bear in mind though distances, times and costs are roughly the same with the Crossing route coming out dearest when toll costs are included.

No probs! :-) 'twas just a thought seeing the route marked on the screen as it looked abit more direct - BUT - assumed all would be departing from the Fort.

If we're meeting up with Stuart at Dagenham then the tunnel is the best route!! :-)