How to polish buttons

woa2

I need to clean and polish some Brass British Wartime buttons. They are not on the clothing at the moment, so the job might be easier. Does anyone here know an easy way to get a good shine on Brass buttons and also a way to keep the shine? The buttons are to go on a Greatcoat.

use metal polish, & take it off when dry with a soft natural bristle brush. (Avoids scratching)

It will get into EVERY nook & cranny, & remove the polish.

If you dont want the brass to go dull, Clear LAQUER them afterwards.

Taking care NOT to have touched the polished surfaces & have left a fingerprint.

Excellent way of doing Brass shellcases on the shelf, & avoids contstant weekly polishing!.........;)

If you knew what was put in paper bins for recycling, newsprint isn't the best paper, its good for cleaning glass as well:whistle:

Some while back I made (For GOOD reasons!) the front page of a local paper. I was buying ansd scrounging copies right left and newsagents. Sending them off to everyone and their dog. Two days later I got a portion of fish and chips , wrapped in the front page. :red:

For those under 50 years old disregard this post.

For the rest of you it is starting to sound a lot like an old episode of Blue Peter, I can just see Valerie Singleton coming out with a "and here is one I made earlier" cornflake packet button stick and some bright shiny ones with clear lacquer!

Classic material

R

Barbarian! How dare you debase the Blessed Val! A thousand Tracey Islands will haunt you. And can anyone tell me where the $%^&££*() I can get DOUBLE SIDED STICKY TAPE!!!! When they changed the shape of washing up bottles it was a crime aganist childhood

Barbarian! How dare you debase the Blessed Val! A thousand Tracey Islands will haunt you. And can anyone tell me where the $%^&££*() I can get DOUBLE SIDED STICKY TAPE!!!! When they changed the shape of washing up bottles it was a crime aganist childhood

My local corner shop sells Double Sided Tape.

Tony, you didn't make a "Christmas Crown", did you?