More Headed East to Withams

robin craig

Ok here's a starter for ten on the Spartan. I will leave the 432 to someone else as they're not really my bag.

Odd looking two stage turret on the top - did this start out life as an MCT version, bottom bit is reminiscent of striker bin? Extra bins on left side, not sure what from but no doubt somebody will id..

Also looks like a diesel which would be unusual to see come through withams, but they do seem to be selling anything and everything at the moment..!

Cheers

Timbo

The CVRT is a Strugeon - Salamander. This is a Spartan with aload of crap bolted on to replicate a Russian vehicle, BMP etc. OPFOR are the bad guys and is normally played by a 'Cav' Squadron.They are a bloody pain getting chased by one when you are in a dismounted OP!!Hope this helps.

Regards

Danny

The CVRT is a Strugeon - Salamander. This is a Spartan with aload of crap bolted on to replicate a Russian vehicle, BMP etc. OPFOR are the bad guys and is normally played by a 'Cav' Squadron.They are a bloody pain getting chased by one when you are in a dismounted OP!!Hope this helps.

Regards

Danny

Which normally look like this, when "new" anyway

jh

0005.jpg

Well,

so far everyone is absolutely correct on all the details picked out so far.

The big bins are Stormer, we have a Stormer so that is how I know, it is a diesel, if the engine is in it is another thing!

yes as stated they were MCT versions originally.

As to what you are "seeing" at Withams versus what are they receiving is another matter. I think that there is every chance that diesel CVRTs have gone through there but have been scrapped without being offered for sale as they are so shagged as to make them worth more for scrap than all the aggro of a sale.

More to follow later

R

As to what you are "seeing" at Withams versus what are they receiving is another matter. I think that there is every chance that diesel CVRTs have gone through there but have been scrapped without being offered for sale as they are so shagged as to make them worth more for scrap than all the aggro of a sale.

Doesn't look like there was much wrong with these!

Chris

IMG_2480.jpg

IMG_2481.jpg

IMG_2492.jpg

Nobody notice the Carlos Fandango go faster exhaust modification on the 432?

R

Robin

As i say not really my bag but i have just noticed it has cvrt front bins mounted above the rear door.

As for the diesels in withams from what i have seen are all pretty bare, so if you did get one i think it would be a long slow job to build up, unless of course you converted them back to J60, in which case if anybody wants an engine please call...:)

Cheers

Timbo

Paul at Withams gave me these prices last week.

CVRT Hulls for 750 GBP per ton. or 2k each. (this is for bare hull only)

CVRT with bits fitted are 5k each.

I think this is about right if you add up the price of all the parts in the tender.

Get a CVRT Scimitar hull for 2k, wait a few years for the hybrid to come out, then re-engineer into a Scimitar 1.