Court battle over wartime hospital site.

Problem here is he is trying to take on Quango's and Council head on, no future in that you have to play them at their own game. Use their own regulations against them, in this case the dreaded elf and safety looks a good bet with dangerous uncovered shafts and god knows what else hidden in the vegetation.

Yes, good point Degsy, so why take the fence down to allow people to fall into the shafts, when the work is not yet completed, beggars belief.

Yes, Im sure KCC will win and he will have to take the fence down, but it all seems a bit over the top to be honest.

Do they not appreiciate what He and his helpers are doing for this long demolished, forgotten site, which is of importance in the defence of this country in the battle of Britain.

Ramblers..ramble else where for a while...

what he should do is say to kcc ok i will take down all the fences if you supply the insurance in case anyone trips or falls into a hole and see what they say to that

but ramblers cant really complain as he has left them a well used path alongside the fence so he hasnt compltley blocked access has he or am i just stupid

Perhaps the owner should claim that he carried out a Disability Access Assessment. As there was no proper wheelchair access he would be acting in a discriminatory way if he allowed it to be open to the public & therefore must deny access to all. I know of two commercial premises that have closed their public lavatories as the nature of the site doesn't allow the construction of a lavatory for the use of disabled people. So now nobody can go to the lavatory.

In addition perhaps he could do a Biodiversity Impact Policy Assessment & hope to discover some endangered slug or tic that lives in the area that would threaten its habitat if public access was allowed.

Perhaps the owner should claim that he carried out a Disability Access Assessment. As there was no proper wheelchair access he would be acting in a discriminatory way if he allowed it to be open to the public & therefore must deny access to all. I know of two commercial premises that have closed their public lavatories as the nature of the site doesn't allow the construction of a lavatory for the use of disabled people. So now nobody can go to the lavatory.

In addition perhaps he could do a Biodiversity Impact Policy Assessment & hope to discover some endangered slug or tic that lives in the area that would threaten its habitat if public access was allowed.

I like your thinking Clive.

I don't think he wants that as he wants to open it up to the public later on!!

As ever, it's difficult to extract facts from a newspaper report but I think there's more to it than first appears. Aren't the Council saying that he has fenced off more than he needs to ensure safety, and that they've already given him legal avenues that he's chosen not to pursue?

Andy