A&E 2012 Friday....

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pleasure, Jack.

Friday has made me think about Saturday's events and any advice would be gratefully recieved.

I've looked at the booking form, but am I right in thinking it's for the whole weekend? My '44 BSA M20 is booked-in for the Weymouth Veterans Parade on Sunday, but I was hoping to pop down to Maiden Newton @ War on the Saturday, which I believe is a meeting place for the run to Dorchester. I only live in Shaftesbury, so I'd ride down, take part in anything that needs taking part in and then kip in my own bed. If you've got room for another DR bike, please let me know, especially if I need to use the booking form that's currently online for the Saturday.

My pleasure, Jack.

Friday has made me think about Saturday's events and any advice would be gratefully recieved.

I've looked at the booking form, but am I right in thinking it's for the whole weekend? My '44 BSA M20 is booked-in for the Weymouth Veterans Parade on Sunday, but I was hoping to pop down to Maiden Newton @ War on the Saturday, which I believe is a meeting place for the run to Dorchester. I only live in Shaftesbury, so I'd ride down, take part in anything that needs taking part in and then kip in my own bed. If you've got room for another DR bike, please let me know, especially if I need to use the booking form that's currently online for the Saturday.

Not a problem for Saturday but I ask you to be on site by 08:00 at the latest :)

I was planning on coming down thursday, so i can participate with the Jeep if needed. I have overalls and leather jerkin as far as dress goes.

Richard

you just dont want to miss the thursday night chinese in the pub

I wish she had! I never met a Ffek yew. All i remember is drinking lots and falling asleep in my "beer" chair.

surely you must remember walking back up that bloody hill,what did Jack say ?"the village is only a little way down the track"

Hi Jack

What is the earliest day we can camp on the field. We are wondering if we can get on the Monday or Tuesday so we can set up tents and cam nets. As we are travelling from the North East we would like to make a week of it to take in things of military interest in the area whilst we are there. Also as we would be there early we would be happy to be of assistance to anyone setting up the show should it be needed.

Halftrack

Hi Jack

What is the earliest day we can camp on the field. We are wondering if we can get on the Monday or Tuesday so we can set up tents and cam nets. As we are travelling from the North East we would like to make a week of it to take in things of military interest in the area whilst we are there. Also as we would be there early we would be happy to be of assistance to anyone setting up the show should it be needed.

Halftrack

Good morning and a good question.

I will be there on site from Wesdnesday onwards so that's earliest I can do as I have to get all the loo's and showers sorted. Bear in mind that the camp and vehicle site is not open to the public at all - its just for us as it is a private gathering. But if you would like to puts nets up etc etc then you are more than welcome to do so.

Is that of help?

Best wishes,

Jack.