REME Museum Conqueror at Slab Common 20 November 2011

andym

Some pics from today's AWD Heavies event at Slab Common with the REME Museum Conqueror in attendance. Much tweaking of fuel injection settings in progress. Thanks to Andy & Co. for putting up with me!

Andy

201111-0009aw.jpg

201111-0015aw.jpg

201111-0029aw.jpg

201111-0051aw.jpg

201111-0063aw.jpg

201111-0099aw.jpg

conque is looking good, is the J.A. injection system working well, looks like you are doing well fine tuning it. Glad to here it's going to be out on the show circuit next year....

yep its all coming together now,john built a peak and hold box for the injecter system to take the load off the megasquirt

so each injecter is now indevidualy controlled and also a test box built in to see if they are all working,first show we will do is overlord subject to getting the transporters in

yep its all coming together now,john built a peak and hold box for the injecter system to take the load off the megasquirt

so each injecter is now indevidualy controlled and also a test box built in to see if they are all working,first show we will do is overlord subject to getting the transporters in

slab would be a great place to take tracked vehicles but for some reason only these two/three machines are allowed. 400 quid is a lot of money and its great that people offer some cash to help but I think if more tracked vehicles were allowed we may see a better heavies turn out...nowadays its just me and John. Makes it all feel a bit pointless really...although i have a great time I have 200 acres all my own so coming out isnt really just for me its for people to see these beasts working...

we need more heavies on these dates so come on your guys get those scammels out, I am told they are really good off road. Bet they are not as good as my Urals, or even the Zils, and my Berliet will take some beating off road with its diff locks. The star has diff locks all round but not convinced about her yet, she doesnt seem as good as the russian trucks... this weekend was her first outing and she didnt get there.

we need more heavies on these dates so come on your guys get those scammels out, I am told they are really good off road. Bet they are not as good as my Urals, or even the Zils, and my Berliet will take some beating off road with its diff locks. The star has diff locks all round but not convinced about her yet, she doesnt seem as good as the russian trucks... this weekend was her first outing and she didn't get there.

Sorry, not trying to hijack this great thread, but loads of Scammells have played on Slab over the years Paul, and it's great fun, but I suspect that for most, once is enough as you may find out!

The amount of sand that gets in every where can do a lot of damage, and Scammell swivel seals, brake linkages, drums and shoes ain't cheap or easy to get at!

Edited by gritineye

I remember that heavy trail at slab in 2007 i was a passenger in the TRM2000. I remember the guy in the ferret firing it into every hole I thought he did well not to hurt himself:shocked: Fun day out like the Kraz making everything seem so easy.