Channel 4, sat oct 15th, world war 2 , the last heroes ...

Willyslancs

Would have been better hearing more from the old boys, or showing more period footage, rather than showing the same staged explosions over and over again, but it was still very interesting and I will be watching the series.

• 2 weeks later...

Good program, I watched it on 4 OD last night following reading these reviews. The footage of the two Loyd Carriers going down the lane towing 6 Pdrs was interesting, they had the gun shields attached to the sides of the Loyd, first image I have seen of them being attached in Normandy! Later on there was a Loyd with only one track in the background while a line of troups marched passed.

I watched the first ep yesterday and to my surprise I saw an old face, Sgt Bill Ryan. I met him at Tilford "Village at War" back in 2006. He kept us all intrigued with his wartime stories, what a character he was. He made a bee line for me as my jeep was marked up in the 16 IR 1 ID which was his old unit. He also went on to say that he was the nephew of Cornelius Ryan the author of the longest day.

P1070216.jpg

P1070224.jpg