Royal Engineers Bomb Disposal Markings

thedawnpatrol

Can anyone direct me in how i should mark my Jeep, Humber and Norton, as Royal Engineers Bomb Disposal.

I know the wings of the Humber should be red, I'm going to paint the front Bumper and rear bumperettes red on the Jeep. and maybe the front mud guard on the Norton 16h

But how do i display the correct markings, i want to deplict No2 BD company at Balham in London ? How on each vehicle ?

Cheers

Jules

Can anyone direct me in how i should mark my Jeep, Humber and Norton, as Royal Engineers Bomb Disposal.

I know the wings of the Humber should be red, I'm going to paint the front Bumper and rear bumperettes red on the Jeep. and maybe the front mud guard on the Norton 16h

But how do i display the correct markings, i want to deplict No2 BD company at Balham in London ? How on each vehicle ?

Cheers

Jules

I know its not much help, but have you tried the RE Museum at Chatham. They were very helpful to me even giving me a spare 4A mine detector manual they had.

Paul

Does this excerpt from 'Vehicle Markings (1942)' help at all ?

IMG_6463A.jpg

I can find no other reference to markings for RE BD units in the copies that I have. Did No.2 Company come under London District ? If so then I'd expect their formation sign of a gold mural crown with red sword.

If you're anywhere near the IWM then I'd suggest a visit to their photo archives. You may well find images that show what you need to know (the on-line material is a small fraction of what they have).

• 2 weeks later...