42 slat grill jeep price check?

secondshooter

by my calculations 8000 NZ dollars is about 4000 English £s yeah?:-)

I'd be running down the road to his place right now for that Jeep mate whether its very original or not...:D

..any sort of WW2 Jeep ...here we go again ! hahaha ! Hotchkiss or CJ2 or whatever it may be....

...........in that sort of condition is well worth that price mate....

....well.over here in the UK it cetainly is anyways!:D

sounds like a good price, although the Grill is not original, looks like one of the new repros. slat grill jeep would also have a Sheller steering wheel. What serial number is it? only about 5000 slats had a glove box, rounded tank welll and combat rims, between serial numbers MB 120XXX to MB 125XXX cant remember the exact numbers.

Looks like a good deal at that price, beating them off with a stick as has been mentioned.

The one thing you would absolutely have to do is get your head round all the slat grille variations before you bought any parts for it. The correct parts will be rare and expensive, you'd only want to buy the right thing - once

Might be worth checking the chassis number to see if it is a slat grille range unit, but at that price it is still a deal.

Gordon

i was able to ring the guy, it seems the vehicle has no means of identification, no plates in the dashboard, and the tag on the front left chassi rail is also gone, all that is left is the engine number, aparently that will tell me nothing as they were not like fords and engines were not recoreded on a master list or linked to the vehicle in any way?

i guess it still has a value but with no history it is realy not that desirable, any other ideas on identification or is this a lost cause?