Bikini State bard

chevpol

Question

Hi folks :wave:

time to prod the collective brain cell again (oh god, whats he after this time!!!!:D)

Has anybody got piccys, or has access to a Bikini State board (threat level indicator), I think I am going to need one for my current display idea.

I know the state levels are :-

Red

Amber

Black Special

Black

White

But I need a piccy or 2 to make up a board

Hope somebody can help me?

TTFN

Mark

6 answers to this question

The board has three alert states. Bikini Tahiti and Tesseral. Coloured boards as per alert stae. The old Black Special is now Black Alpha so has a black Board with the wite letter A in the middle. Every board is diffrent. The basic sign is stenciled leters for each alert then slides for the colour. To be technical, the States are open code words, the action to be taken at each state is Restricted.

I don't believe there's any standard for these, they were all home-made at individual establishments. At the Royal Naval Engineering College in the 1970's we used engraved traffolite panels of appropriate colours. Unfortunately the only amber colour they could find was a wood-grain effect, resulting in it being known rudely as "Condition Wood".

Andy