Austin Champ 05 BE 56

With all that grinding she will have a whole new explanation for Green Fingers........

When the Champ is complete and Mrs T drives her she will be even more excited now having picked up the spanners and mucked in on her re-birth.

Did any of that regiment bumf help you on the other thread mate????

I can't remember which copies, but a lot of that stuff gets covered in Windscreen Mags????

Keep up the good work and well done Mr & Mrs RR :D

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another day spent cutting ,welding and grindin, Mrs T made good progress on the bulkhead and managed to get a coat of primer on by hometime.

100_2013.jpg

more sanding !! polycarbinate disc makes short work of paint.

100_2015.jpg

Quick coat of primer.

100_2016.jpg

Damage caused by mice making their home in the winch well !!!!

Edited by rampant rivet

Hey RR

The Champ is coming along really well, and it's good to see your partner is also getting stuck into it!

I have finally managed to find a vehicle here in Australia, and will be bringing it down to Sydney in the next few months. It is remarkably free of rust, although as always, it has signs of rust around the door sills and floor panels. What did you use to replace the rusted areas? Did you just cut them out, then welded the new metal on top or did you treat it first with an etch primer? Luckily my vehicle does not have huge areas, but I think they are a bit fiddly.

Any information would be appreciated. Keep up the amazing work.

Simon

RR......Come come now! No updates after all your recent efforts. I always look forward to the next Chapter on a Saturday/ Sunday evening. :-D

Trust all is well and you bought a wind up phone charger....:D :red: :red: :nut: :nut:

Yes fitted four way union to replace three way at rear of vehicle have fitted pressure switch there and will run live feed to it from wiring loom, there is a very usefull article about how to do this on the Champ owners website I am also fitting indicators both of which needs to be done.

Better day on Sat as I have now fitted the fuel tank after cleaning and spraying the rear cross member tank shield also on :D

100_2054.jpg

rear wheels are now on and I have started cleaning down the interior body paintwork in prep for painting have to sort wiring loom for stop / tail lights and fit indicators.

Took Jeep thing to Monmouth vintage show today and met Allan & Allan with their two champs who let me take lots of reference pics many thanks Guys :thumbsup: also picked up a cheap set of UNF taps and dies which will be handy for cleaning out captive nut threads etc.

Jeremy you could have thought of me :-(. I am having a really slow journey with Deano at Bream......Would Pete sell to a friend of a friend in FoD if my compressor is man enough.........

Pete if interested to sell to another local (friend of Jeremy from around the corner) then PM me mate.

Thanks

Sorry didn't think :embarrassed: send pete a pm and ask nicely :-D though you will need to check your compressors CMF to see if its man enough.

Have been busy on the Champ thing again finished the rubbing down thing and managed to get some paint on it.

100_2121.jpg

100_2122.jpg

100_2125.jpg

100_2126.jpg

100_2132.jpg

100_2133.jpg

100_2135.jpg

100_2123.jpg

100_2139.jpg

Edited by rampant rivet

Heres another update on progress :-D

100_2145.jpg

100_2144.jpg

100_2146.jpg

100_2152.jpg

100_2153.jpg

looks better now that the windscreen is fitted, wife is happy that its gone from the dining room at last I told her that she would miss it :cool2: she was sure that she would not !! have a break now as I am off to do a spot of battlefield touring in Europe for a week, war is hell so they say :-D

Oh , Deep Bronze Green ! Think I'll have to go for a lie down :nut:! She's coming along very nicely mate !:-D

Doesn't take much at your age does it now Andy?? :rotfl::red:

He is doing a good job I have to agree. I think he should spray my little Piggy and Toastie. What do you reckon??

Doesn't take much at your age does it now Andy?? :rotfl::red:

He is doing a good job I have to agree. I think he should spray my little Piggy and Toastie. What do you reckon??

Wayne I think you should paint them yourself ! Much more rewarding ! :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Things have moved on a tad since my return from European hols and very good they were think I have seen enough of the Maginot line to last me a while :D

Fuel system is up and runnning which has meant I am able to drive the Champ out of the shed under its own power for the first time in 17 odd years :D bonnet and most other bits n bobs are now painted and the brakes now work just !! think they will need fine tuning.

New speedo cable fitted along with front seats biginning to look like a champ again at last only four weeks to go to Champ camp and still have lights and indicators to sort :shocked:

100_2172.jpg

100_2173.jpg

100_2175.jpg

100_2174.jpg

100_2177.jpg

100_2179.jpg

100_1712.jpg

100_1739.jpg

Edited by rampant rivet

Jeremy what a transformation mate.....You should be rightly CHUFFED!

Glad to hear you had a good Tour! You can tell me all about it when we next share a brew!

Very impressive pics and so glad to hear that she is moving nearer to full life and revival.....

The trailer is next you know buddy! :)