Vehicle Pennants

Peter4456

If you've ever tried to get hold of a regimental pennant for your mv, you'll know just how hard it is, especially for the disbanded regiments.

Well, a friend of mine, Mandy Sycamore, can make you a superb sewn pennant in cotton to fit over Larkspur / Clansman antennae for £25! It might seem a lot, but these are individually made and try finding one somewhere else!

I've seen a 15th / 19th Hussars pennant she's made and it's a very good copy indeed - you'd be hard pushed to tell it from an original! I will be asking her to make me a red and yellow RAC pennant soon.

Anyway, her contact details are: canadaleaf5@tesco.net

I would like a pennant for 2nd Household Cavalry Regiment- (WW2 period when attached to Guards Armoured Div.) but opinions vary as to the design and colours.

Can anyone advise please and is there a work of reference which describes regimental pennants ?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A related question about vehicle pennants: On a command vehicle during WW2, how would the pennants have been mounted?

I can't seem to find any photos of British Command cars on my side of the Atlantic that show where and how it would have been displayed, especially on an otherwise civilian vehicle.