What is wrong in this picture?

paul connor

I did post a reply put didn't get there.

So is yours the oldest? Have 1 & 2 survived?

So was yours actually a Fieldmouse?

Yep it's the oldest surviving Ferret, I was at Detling two years ago when an old chap came over asking "Who owns that Field Mouse?" it turned out to be the my Ferret's driver who was stationed with it in Cyprus 1952, he recognised the reg, he was the first one to explain to me why my Ferret had no center bin or studs on the escape hatch for it..

The Ferrets in the early days in Cyprus were unloaded by fork lifts but the forks weren't long enough so they use to ram the bins, they took the bins off & never replaced them, I have been told this several times since so presume it true.. Unfortunately I lost the guys contact details that weekend, he was going to let me have all his photos.. :-( It's handy having no center bin as people can get a good veiw of the inside easily..

leeharrybeltring1.jpg

Edited by Marmite!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clive,The Fort H Pigs were re-numbered in the WB range, I worked on them in 86/87.

26BK37, I was there when the turret was fitted, a box had to be made for the roof first. It was used for training nearby :wink:Richard

Richard yes they became 00 WB 25 & 00 WB 37

So what year wasthe Shorland turret fitted? I think 6 is the most number I have seen. That first one had quite a high box/plinth for the turret.

Clive