What is this called, and where can I get some?

ajmac

See photo below:

I am talking about the pressed or rolled strip used for added grip on the floor of the Loyd, it is welded to the floor, rear steps and in the drivers area, I have quite a bit from the drivers foot rest plates, but much more is needed. Does anyone have any NOS sections? Or is it still manufactured?

LC35.jpg

Hi,Try looking outside the box a little, i needed some turnbuckles for the hand brake rods and obtained them from a vintage boat chandler.I seem to recall seeing some saftey tread like this used on the deck. Possible you might have to accept it in a different material but good chance of imperial.Basically i trawled the web.Regards Tim

If you remind me after W&P I can get you some off a scrapped 1950's double decker bus..

See photo below:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47674[/ATTACH]

I am talking about the pressed or rolled strip used for added grip on the floor of the Loyd, it is welded to the floor, rear steps and in the drivers area, I have quite a bit from the drivers foot rest plates, but much more is needed. Does anyone have any NOS sections? Or is it still manufactured?

Google a company called Commercial Body Fittings. Treadplate 32mm wide (you'll find it in 'general steps' section of online catalogue). Metric? Beware rivet counters with metric and imperial rulers tatooed on their forearms - otherwise you should just about get away with it :-D

Treadplate.JPG

Thanks all, will have to measure the sections I have and cross ref with those data sheets.

Lee,

Thanks for the offer, once I have the dimensions of that used on the carrier I'll send you a PM, I wish everyone would stop mentioning W&P, as I can't go:cry:

Edited by ajmac

Google a company called Commercial Body Fittings. Treadplate 32mm wide (you'll find it in 'general steps' section of online catalogue). Metric? Beware rivet counters with metric and imperial rulers tatooed on their forearms - otherwise you should just about get away with it :-D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47677[/ATTACH]

The Scammell Explorer has the same pressed treadplate require, on both front wings, the front light guards, and in the cab. This is thin pressed steel, which bends to the curve of the wings easily. The strip pictured is on 4mm thick steel, with an overall thickness of 6.5mm. I tried some on my truck, but it really didn't look right. I haven't found a company who still supply the pressed version so far.

Jules

• 2 weeks later...