Reporting LIVE from the W&P Show 2011

Marmite!!

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert what is your feeling about the weather for the mid-week onwards?

If it is going to be grot, fair enough I'll take the Wolf & kip in it. I'm not struggling in rain & mud to put up a tent. Then spend all my time treading around in mud

Although I really would like to go in something more interesting, so if there looks like an improvement coming I'll delay for a couple of days & take the Shorland which requires me in tentage.

Robert what is your feeling about the weather for the mid-week onwards?

If it is going to be grot, fair enough I'll take the Wolf & kip in it. I'm not struggling in rain & mud to put up a tent. Then spend all my time treading around in mud

Although I really would like to go in something more interesting, so if there looks like an improvement coming I'll delay for a couple of days & take the Shorland which requires me in tentage.

Clive

Looking at the Weather charts, It looks very iffy all week, so expect a wet week with the occasional dry spell. The High pressure in the Atlantic is still stationary with no signs of moving and it is sending the Low pressures with the rain over us.

It will get better later in the week from Wednesday, but not much better. Take the Wolf and some good Boots with a waterproof coat. End of next week it may be better, but I cannot tell at the moment.

Robert

Ok thanks Robert. I think at least if I take the Wolf I can get on with it & muck in, rather than delay waiting for an improvement that is unlikely to come.

This will be the 6th show this season & all of them have involved a high proportion of rain, not what I dreamt of in those wet cold winter evenings.

I suppose it will avoid all those silly questions when people look at the Shorland & ask if it is home

made. Trouble is now I will get the top irritating Wolf question. "Is it it a relpica & you have just bolted Wolf bits on?" Grrrrrrrrrrrh!

Fields are filling up quick now.. usual idiots skidding about on the quad & motor bikes... no sign of any travellers.. stall area is filling up now..

It seems the Dutch have turned out in force this year.. they seem to be everywhere..

There seems to be more people this year with big areas filled with tents & very few MV's :yawn:

Will take some more photos tomorrow if the rain holds off..

Good morning from a Dry (for now) overcast, & breezy W&P.. roads are drying out now but will soon change to mud again as soon as we have a bit more rain.. out with the camera after breakfast...

Just had to go re-rope Cripp's pitch after someone nicked the posts over night..

Can see the start of Pitch wars starting soon.. watched a large Dutch group going in someone else's pitch then change their mind & went somewhere else.. wonder how many others will find there pitches gone?? Saracenstump arrived to find someone had moved their posts & rope, they had nicked 10m of their plot..

no tents gone missing yet then !

Not that I've heard of.. security seems a bit tighter at booking in with temporary vehicle passes for cars for those who have not bought a support pass, temporary passes only valid for a few hous, I understand that no cars can be left opposite booking in or left in main carpark overnight, any that are will be towed away, empounded & a £30 release fee charged. So in other words if you have a car staying on site you have to buy a support pass.. This was all in the last IMPS magazine..