Hi Adrian, at Beltring 05 we took a load of pictures of your sherman and questioned you for ages about it for a little project we were getting started on. Great photo albums you had. You should post some more pictures. I especially liked the engines. By the way did I see you at Chatham dockyard a few months ago? Was going to say hello but you'd gone when I got round the stalls.

Paul, yes I remember, how is the project going? I think it will be more work than restoring the 1:1 version. Was not at Chatham recently, probably earlier in the year though, time flies you know!

Adrian

Adrian, glad to see you here, however I don't suppose you would remember me, I met you once at W&P having been told to find you by your Father, who I knew from Fram.

I was at 'Stennets' the other day and realised what they had 'lying' around and I reckon you are the man, if anyone can, to persuade them to take something down next year

Hope to see you there again

Cheers

Tugger, thanks for the welcome, I'm sure I would remember you if I saw you! I know what you mean about Stennetts, they do have some nice kit that never goes anywhere. Fred was the first, albeit unintentionally, he useda T16 carrier for ploughing after the war! Don't think it was very succesfull though! :|

I had a spare disc wheel from them the other year though, if anybody needs one.

Adrian

Paul, yes I remember, how is the project going? I think it will be more work than restoring the 1:1 version.

Adrian

Project is going very slow. Thought we had the bogies done until we had a closer look at another one and now there's got to be a change :argh: One track is made up except for the chevron detail, that's still in the "think about how to do it stage". It's a slow job but it'll get done one day.

Neil,

why not! I've driven Stalwart off road a little but never been in one on the water. My only amphib driving was in a DUKW. I'm up for it.

Adrian

OK Adrian - it's a deal!! :-) Getting new drop-side seal retainers made up - if things go to plan (he says with cynical laughter) they should be fitted before the start of the season next year. Then we just have to find somewhere suitable to take her thats not salt water.... :-o :-o

Hi Me(you)......

Thanks for the kind words. Check out the link I posted earlier in the thread about my Sherman. It came from an artillery range, having been a target for over 40 years. As to how I got it, well, it was a case of being in the right place at the right time. At the time, 1991, you could buy a range wreck Sherman for £1000. Most people thought they were unrestorable but I felt I could do it. The decision was easier knowing I could do all the work myself, with 4000 hours going in to the project, there was no way I could pay anyone to do it for me.

Adrian

Thanks Adrian.

First of all Enigma just PM'd me to say that he would be to scared to drive a tank and that I should take his place 8-)

A tank must be a noisy as hell and you must know that you have driven one after an hour or two?

What do they do to the gallon?

And what is the maintenance schedule like?

Oi :argh:!!!!!

What's this then?

I'll use the tank to flatten your Jimmy!! (or maybe your truck)