48 star flag claim

Willyslancs

Ah I agree , he does not say it was fitted to the vehicle at the time it landed at Omaha. He says the vehicle it WAS fitted to a vehicle that was at Omaha.

This could mean it was first fitted to the vehicle only last week it stayed there for five minutes and now he has taken it off to sell it...

So the claim could well be true and he could have a digital image to back up his claim, even though the image is dated June 2011.......

The secret is in what you don't sat, not in what you do......

Edited by antarmike

I'll have all you reprobates know that I have bought this flag today, so lets not hear so much of it - I don't want it de-valued!!!

Incidentally, just to put you out of your misery, it was the truck he was referring to and not the flag, but it just looked like any other ordinary GMC in the photograph that he sent me, but then I guess it would do !

The flag will be on display during the 'Our Little Friends' wartime weekend in East Anglia in a fortnights time.

I'd be more interested in how he knows a particular GMC 'served' on Omaha beach.

Ah, I've just remembered, every other GMC, Dodge and Jeep landed on Omaha beach, usually with the 101st Airbourne....:rolleyes:

:rofl::rofl: