HELP CCKW Engine knocking

R Cubed

Had a good day on the truck today, continued making the throttle linkage as you all know the original linkage runs up by the head and manifolds to the arm on the carb, all well and good when it is all inline, so what do you do when its not inline !! the new carb has the throttle arm on the far left as it is mounted on the engine so must be a good 8 inches over from the original position.

IMG_5366 (676 x 507).jpg

Here in the first pic you should be able to see the arm on the carb yes its about as far away as you can get, look top left plated arm with big hole in end. Linkage from throttle pedal will come up between the head and inlet/exhaust manifolds like it does in the original set up and move up and down, somehow it needs to get altered to backwards and forwards :cool2:

IMG_5367 (676 x 507).jpg

Here is the finished linkage, and the pedal has a nice feel to it too, not stiff or heavy. :-D

IMG_5369 (676 x 507).jpg

Here you should be able to see up down on the back vertical rod translates to backwards forwards on the carb arm. All done by magic.....

IMG_5370 (676 x 507).jpg

IMG_5371 (676 x 507).jpg

Oh well managed to get a small air filter to fit so did not need to cut a hole in the bonnet :cool2:

IMG_5372 (676 x 507).jpg

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That looks brilliant ! Love the Airfilter, it has some real 'bling' to it ! :-D :cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

So, tell all ! How does it drive ? What is the throttle response like ? Do you have any more power ? etc etc etc :)

Edited by Vulture

That looks brilliant ! Love the Airfilter, it has some real 'bling' to it ! :-D :cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

So, tell all ! How does it drive ? What is the throttle response like ? Do you have any more power ? etc etc etc :)

How dare you say bling on my truck, it will be painted probably black when I get a chance :red:

It drive very well seems to pull like a train, still got some jetting issues, bit stuttery when the second chokes open up, may have increased the fuel consumption alot due to the very black sooty exhaust :undecided:

More road test required oh dear what a shame never mind.

Better inform your insurance company that it has been Race Tuned :-D

Yes already told, and yes race tuned it is, wearing out all the back tyres due to wheel spin, cant keep the darn thing in a straight line pulling away ;)

What you need now Rich is a big blower driven off the nose of the crankshaft you could then challenge the old Bentleys for the title of what Bugatti called 'The Fastest Lorry in the World' :rofl:

• 1 month later...
So, after doing A&E, whats the verdict on the new carb and manifold arrangement in terms of power, responsiveness and mpg ?

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Errrr, sorry to say I ran out of time fiddling with the jets, I have improved the stutters but every time you change something you need a good run to prove the change, it just took too long so I put the old carb back on for A and E. All I have to say is there was a noticable difference putting the old one back on, lost alot of pull from low down and seems to run out of pull towards top end. But will try again when I get more time.

What you need now Rich is a big blower driven off the nose of the crankshaft you could then challenge the old Bentleys for the title of what Bugatti called 'The Fastest Lorry in the World' :rofl:

Are they taking the P*** out of your air filter set up Richard :cool2: Take no notice of them bud,,,,,,,, SO when are we going to see it in action at Santa Pod over the Quarter mile:-D

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Errrr, sorry to say I ran out of time fiddling with the jets, I have improved the stutters but every time you change something you need a good run to prove the change, it just took too long so I put the old carb back on for A and E. All I have to say is there was a noticable difference putting the old one back on, lost alot of pull from low down and seems to run out of pull towards top end. But will try again when I get more time.

Okay :D

Are they taking the P*** out of your air filter set up Richard :cool2: Take no notice of them bud,,,,,,,, SO when are we going to see it in action at Santa Pod over the Quarter mile:-D

When he's painted the go faster stripes on it! :-D