HELP CCKW Engine knocking

R Cubed

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome !! :) :dancinggirls: The purists will be offended, but I'm fascinated to hear how it performs ! :)

To be honest I am not at all worried about the purists, if it makes it more drivable, reduces the fuel consumption and adds a bit more power I will be well chuffed.

If you rev it from idle it seems to pick up much quicker than with the old single choke carb on it, but then it would do wouldn't it with a carb of that size on it......

Make sure you plug that PCV elbow on the top of the valve cover or it may blow oil all over.

Not going to plug it, it will connected back up to the inlet manifold like it would have been originally. Same goes for the vacuum line for the hydrovac and the vacuum line for the wipers too, also on the jobs to do is sort the throttle linkage and choke cable.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60442[/ATTACH]

Looking down from the side. We will have to see how it does or doesn't perform :cry:

Rich,

I need to re-point the brickwork on my house at some point, can I borrow your scaffolding please?

:-D

Only kidding, nicely done job, I bet it was a real challenge! You will have improved gas flow and therefore an increase in horsepower I should think

• 3 weeks later...
It could have been worse -

Found this on the same youtube page as your video!!

I have seen that before, did make me chuckle lots, quite a big engine to be jumping about like that :shocked:

• 2 weeks later...

As you can see from the vid there seems to be a mixture issue as although it will idle fine and once warm is even better, takes only about 1/2 to 1 turn of the engine and its running.. so I am very pleased with that bit, however it will not rev without full choke on, once it has full choke it will rev hard and fast without any issues. Now working on the throttle linkage which is proving another challange.

Got some tasty bits at the post office waiting to be collected you will see them soon :laugh: might need a bulge in the bonnet though :blush:

Crankcase breather tube now connected and the non-return valve for the hydrovac is also fitted but blanked off at the moment.

Awesome ! :-D Can't wait to see what you come up with next :-D

Vulture

Due to the fact that our eldest son turned the bathroom into a scene from the exorcist this morning I am off work again tomorrow. So I will be collecting said bulge from post office!!!!!!!!! :wow::cheesy::-D

might need a bulge in the bonnet though :blush:.

Are you sure you want to go ahead with this? Is it peer pressure making you want to put bulges in the bonnet? Sure it will make you happier? Will you be comfortable with people constantly staring at your bonnet? You need to be absolutely sure this is what you want to do, otherwise you may become disillusioned and end up having the bulges removed. Please consider carefully and seek counselling first.

Please consider carefully and seek counselling first.

Why should I need counselling, there's nothing wrong with me.......... It's all you lot that are mixed up I'm fine :nut::nut::nut::nut::nut:

Why should I need counselling, there's nothing wrong with me.......... It's all you lot that are mixed up I'm fine :nut::nut::nut::nut::nut:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Are you sure you want to go ahead with this? Is it peer pressure making you want to put bulges in the bonnet? Sure it will make you happier? Will you be comfortable with people constantly staring at your bonnet? You need to be absolutely sure this is what you want to do, otherwise you may become disillusioned and end up having the bulges removed. Please consider carefully and seek counselling first.

:rotfl:

This is the cubed one reversing into the front garden

3 point turn!!! At the end of the video you see the cubed one running in, he has just remembered the tax disc!!!!!!!!!!

and he's off!!!