Post War MVT - you are joking!

Marmite!!

Have you felt that at events there is a biased against...  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Have you felt that at events there is a biased against...

• Post War Vehicles
    • WW2 Vehicles
    • No, never felt any

Well what can I say.. hold on a minute is that a horse I can hear coming up the road? it must be Albert Steptoe & his trusty old horse Hercules coming to pick up my Bundle of Old Iron :dunno:

Which one Lee ???? :-) :-) :-)

(sorry - couldn't resist that one!!)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if you had a few decent vehicles between you instead of those bundles of old (but not old enough) iron that you list as Military Vehicles under your threads, they would!

Cds

Surprise, surprise another crack at post war vehicles from an MVT AREA SECRETARY its so lucky we don't have a Clive Stevens in every area.

I don't know what 'more' you think the MVT should be doing for you.

One of the main complaints was excluding PW owners from event because they are "Themed" when all it takes is to reserve a small area for them to camp and enjoy the show with there fellow MVT club members. I have PW vehicles and would like to attend WW2 events but when you have certain people doing shows you have no chance. I bet there will be some clown on here saying why don't you buy a WW2 vehicle then, well COST .

Always willing to accept a WW2 vehicle if you have a spare Clive or anyone else out there.

Ian,

I agree with you there, any MVT show should be open to ALL MVT members and frankly unless there is a problem with numbers, any MVs. If the event has a theme or is trying to portray a particular event, then that is different. Of course, an anti- PW organisor may claim such to have their way! :evil:

Adrian

Ian,

I like all of your vehicles. I own a Can-Am, my other halfs father has a 101 and I borrowed an RL to do a range trip years ago. Fantastic truck, went everywhere! I know an anti-PW type who drives a Dodge Weapons Carrier with a repro body masquerading as a Command Car. Half that vehicle is less than ten years old!

Adrian

Ian,

I agree with you there, any MVT show should be open to ALL MVT members and frankly unless there is a problem with numbers, any MVs. If the event has a theme or is trying to portray a particular event, then that is different. Of course, an anti- PW organisor may claim such to have their way! :evil:

Adrian

Hi Adrian

This has been the crux of this thread throughout in all honesty, however its been sidetracked and hijacked on occasion and even waxed poetic on other occasions :roll:

Would agree with you wholeheartedly re the anti PW organisers and has been said by others, when they place such shows under the guise of being MVT affiliated or associated is when the PW side of the club feel left out on a limb.

I guess that in some way it is done to avail themselves of the MVT public liability insurance, but then again as ALL MVT members pay for that in their subscriptions once again it seems a little one sided.

Ian,

I like all of your vehicles. I own a Can-Am, my other halfs father has a 101 and I borrowed an RL to do a range trip years ago. Fantastic truck, went everywhere! I know an anti-PW type who drives a Dodge Weapons Carrier with a repro body masquerading as a Command Car. Half that vehicle is less than ten years old!

Adrian

Hi Adrian, Will have to meet up at war and peace if you are going this year. I will have the RL and Can Am down there at least. Another member of our group has a can am to, i can see a ride round if you bring yours.

the windscreen mag may be 50/50 on war time vehicles & pw vehicles but this 6 years / 60 years, still hardly equal.

The Buckfastleigh show was called war on the line as it was ww2 vehicles taking part, this changed a few years ago to the Buckfastleigh military weekend as pw vehicles were in equal numbers to WW2 vehicles, what I don't understand is why events are still being called ww2 events, if the Devon area MVT can change the Buckfastleigh event name why can't other areas?

Cheers

Ian

aha, that was my point earlier in the thread, & who reported it? a blinkered Chris Davies, these are the people we should be talking to, you'd think if someone was going to do a report on a show they would at least get their facts straight, Chris Davies still refers to it being war on the line.

Cheers

Ian

Ok chaps, I am going to lock this one down.

It has been a wonderful debate and hopefully it has made a difference to some view points but I don't want it to turn into a slugging match and would rather leave it on a high.

Perhaps we can look at the results of the poll to draw our conclusion from but I think there is most certainly room for a constructive debate on the terminology and the structure used for military events.

We should revisit it after the show season.

I thank you all for your input.

Jack.