My FV436 removed from ebay..

Metroman

Well it was a bit of a supprise, come under their 'Firearms, Weapons, and Knives' policy. As far as they are concerned it is 'Ordnance' so cannot be listed :cry: What a joke, Ordnance refers to military weapons and equipment, such as ammunition and combat vehicles, is a FV436 a 'combat vehicle' or just troop carrier.

Your thoughts please :cool2:

They are muppets on ebay. In reality somebody reported it and the item was pulled. They (ebay admin) never investigate after the event as its usually dim girlies or light in loafer do-gooders who run the admin.

If we are supposed to be in europe, ebay should be the same all over. I had a collection of whisky miniatures pulled as it is alcohol, in case a 'minor bought it.' Go on to French ebay and there is a category for wines and champagnes.

Paint it silver then, and throw a few pink cushions in the back. Must admit I sold the most clapped out Series 3 LWB Safari, complete with dents to a bloke for £500. He put it on Ebay and got £2,500!!!!!! AND THE GUY PAID! :banghead:

I agree, put a statement in the listing confirming that this listing does not contravene any of ebays policies.

I tried to sell a german helmet once , and someone reported it because it MIGHT (didn't) have a swastika on it. They dont look hard enough at listings before they remove them. BUT OF MORE CONCERN.... There is a practice where potential purchasers contact you with an offer to end the auction early, then when you refuse, they go away and report the item to ebay under some spurious claim. The item is quickly removed by ebay (without investigation) and the potential purchaser contacts you again with an offer..... And by that time you are so fed up with the whole thing you accept a silly offer rather than all the hassle.:undecided:

I would relist it and dont listen if you get a silly offer , because it may come from the guy that reported the item to ebay !

Relist it stating that it comes with no ammo, firearms etc.

How about listing it in another country I have seen machetes listed in dollars rather than sterling and listed from a UK address. Don't know how you do it but it must be possible.

That is quite hard work doing that. I used to try and list a few quintissential British things on American ebay, but it was a bit of a nightmare. Don't forget places like the states have different laws for each state and county.

That is quite hard work doing that. I used to try and list a few quintissential British things on American ebay, but it was a bit of a nightmare. Don't forget places like the states have different laws for each state and county.

True but it would get round the problem with ebay UK whether it would then produce another problem?? I suspect that it doesn't have to ebay in the US ebay europe?

I've seen the same thing with bayonets.. Listed on Ebay US, actually located in the UK.

This is Absolutely True, Hypocracy from Ebay has enabled sellers to get around this problem by listing as 'Abroad'. But is actually in the UK. It's one law for some & another for others.

Whilst legalities obviously HAVE to be complied with. The one Law for others is a VERY mute point for a LOT of sellers!

Ebay are such Hypocrit's, they have in a LOT of cases forced sellers to circumvent some of thier Policies by finding loopholes to get around such stupid & controling Policies.

They only have themselves to blame!

IMPORTANT POINT: Nearly all of Ebays facilities are 'Mechanical' Procedures, & not Police'd by Human Ebay staff.

Ebay depends on VERY Sad or Jellous No Life's, to Report the slightest 'Infringment' to get items removed. I have seen items similar to each other on auction. One will sell & an Identical one will be removed because of some Tw*t who has absolutely nothing better to do.

Than trawl through listings deliberately looking for anything they can report to get removed!

I do wonder if they are People who are complete Non's who get a feeling of great power & satisfaction. From the thought that is is THEY who THINK they are controlling other Peoples actions, & put themselves in a position of 'Control' in thier own Minds!

A bit 'Un Normal' indeed, if you ask me!.......:-X (If Guys, they Probably only have little 'Todgers'! And if Girlies, they are Probably Tree & Bunny Hugging do gooders!) :D