Hello and what have I got myself into!!

Hello all you military nuts!

I thought I had better intorduce myself, my name is Paul Harcourt and I live in Hampshire, I seem to have been tinkering with old machinery since I was born (in fact my mother said I came out with dirty fingernails!) but never anything BIG or military.

I am now considering rescueing a pair of 1940 Crossley fwds that I have known about for at least 10 years, in that time they have slowly been disapearing into piles of rust.

I can no longer sit by and watch historic trucks like these disapear, so the time to act is apon me (Gawd elp us!).

Any photos, build logs, cab construction spec, spares, in fact anything would be helpfull. my main worry is the engine which has a number of missing parts such as carb, and distributor.

general 237.jpg

general 238.jpg

general 239.jpg

general 242.jpg

general 240.jpg

general 241.jpg

Well - for what it's worth I'm less concerned about the missing parts than I am about you to even be contemplating taking them on, let alone asking for help.

So, now that you've passed the HMVF entrance examination with A* Distinction, a very warm welcome to you :D

Edited by N.O.S.

Welcome to the forum.............. you did call us military nuts, god bless you, I would not know where to start, even just extracating it from the tree will be a task. I really, really, really want to see this one come together, do keep us all posted............ and good luck!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Paul,

Welcome to the forum. Nothing like starting off with a simple quick project with a ready source of parts!

You have as already stated passed the entrance exam to this forum with flying colours.

Your mindset is admirable, the only one qualification that appears to have been omitted is how you will fund the project, I presume your kids will now have to go to school with home made lunches as you use their lunch money to fund the venture and your family are now all getting adjusted to riding secondhand bicycles as the family car has been retired as a cost saving measure.

Regards

Robin

Edited by robin craig

With time and effort amazing things can happen , of course a it will also take a lot of money . Still to the owner of a HMV its all part of the sickness of restoring such rare machines. Welcome to the group and very good luck with your Vehicle.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello all you military nuts!

I thought I had better intorduce myself, my name is Paul Harcourt and I live in Hampshire, I seem to have been tinkering with old machinery since I was born (in fact my mother said I came out with dirty fingernails!) but never anything BIG or military.

I am now considering rescueing a pair of 1940 Crossley fwds that I have known about for at least 10 years, in that time they have slowly been disapearing into piles of rust.

I can no longer sit by and watch historic trucks like these disapear, so the time to act is apon me (Gawd elp us!).

Any photos, build logs, cab construction spec, spares, in fact anything would be helpfull. my main worry is the engine which has a number of missing parts such as carb, and distributor.

Well now, this is really an age thing, provided that you are in your late teens with good potential income, I see no reason why you should not complete this project...... we all await your progress reports and of course wish you well with this project.... there`s nothing quite like saving these old girls from the dreaded cutting torch. :goodidea: :banghead::banghead::banghead: