Weight of FV432 track?

andym

I should have dragged my track onto the weighbridge when it was off last month.. but I don't think you'll be far out with that estimate, Andy.

With 90 links in each track, assuming it is 750kg in total that works out at 8.3kg per link which sounds about right. I can't imagine each track would be much more than that, certainly no more than a tonne per side.

Anybody got a single track link they could weigh and just multiply by 90?

James

I've got a single link, but unfortunately it's a four hour drive away! I think I'll just go for 750kg, which unfortunately means two pallets as the usual limit is 1 tonne each.

Andy

Edited by andym
Spelling!

• 2 months later...
Anybody got a single track link they could weigh and just multiply by 90?

James

I finally got round to doing this myself. A single link with new pad, track pin and nuts weighs 7.8kg. So for 90 links that's 702kg per side.

Andy

A lot of pallet firms will transport upto a Tonne and a Half on a single pallet now for single pallet price ~£40. That's how I've had my blasting grit delivered in Tonne and Half batches recently. Could work out a fair saving if you can get both tracks on one pallet.