Militaria' 11 Stoneleigh

Just got back from the event, this year a super winters clear day but cold.

We arrived so early could not get on to park! First impression was not quite so many stalls, but did find it hard work at times getting round due to a good turn out of folks. Had a super day, few bits for the radio kit and a good bit of kit from a £1 crate including a pair of 68' ptn. DPM trousers, (they do fit Mark with room to spare :D ) But my hat off to the living history folks/groups who put so much effot in for one day. Not forgetting the stall holders.

Good day all round.

2011-01-30 Stoneleigh Militaria' 11 (2).JPG

2011-01-30 Stoneleigh Militaria' 11 (4).JPG

2011-01-30 Stoneleigh Militaria' 11 (29).JPG

Edited by airportable
Gramma

Yes, a very good day. Saw Steve and Chris G. Chris was moving so fast i couldnt catch up with him to say hello. Probably the only time that i have ever seen or in fact will ever see an original working Goliath for sale. A bit pricey though. i am sure someone we know will want it.

Didnt buy much. Just a second hand book on war correspondents for just £5 and a WW1 motorcycle postcard. I did see a guy with a box of axes with the handles all stamped up SS and 1941. I wonder how many mugs he has caught out. Nice cross head screw holding the head in place. The screw was not stamped up SS, so it must be fraudulent.

didn't think I was moving anyware fast. Unless some one wanted money!

Yes, a very good day. Saw Steve and Chris G. Chris was moving so fast i couldnt catch up with him to say hello. Probably the only time that i have ever seen or in fact will ever see an original working Goliath for sale. A bit pricey though. i am sure someone we know will want it.

Didnt buy much. Just a second hand book on war correspondents for just £5 and a WW1 motorcycle postcard. I did see a guy with a box of axes with the handles all stamped up SS and 1941. I wonder how many mugs he has caught out. Nice cross head screw holding the head in place. The screw was not stamped up SS, so it must be fraudulent.

yes, a very enjoyable day, bought :-

loads of webbing pouches,

a Book,

Some cammo poles, and a............................................................................................

Bren Anti Aircraft Tripod (has anybody any pictures as to where the extra legs go please?)

Mark

PS Andy, I am not saying ANYTHING about those 68 Pattern trousers!!!!!

not impressed to be honest many dealers missing, hardly any vehicle spares last year was a lot better .

just my opinion

Iain

I agree with you its gotten worse its a re-enactors expensive paradise. I bought two Davis pumps a distributor heat shield and two camp beds grand total off £35. I spent more on food from that burger bar by the entrance beep rip off.

The only thing that I really wanted was a couple 58 webbing belts I only saw one for £7 and that was ropey!

not impressed to be honest many dealers missing, hardly any vehicle spares last year was a lot better .

just my opinion

Iain

Iain I agree with you some of the big dealers were missing they were advitised that they would be there,Over the years its has change from an indoor beltring to now a reanactors kit stalls, I bought a shovle for £8 had a look at the Goliath he whants £45K for it not bad price for WW11 tracked.

Al

Ian.

58 pattern belts are becoming like WW2 kit.

Sought after and a bit rareish due to post war re enactors after them along with serving 16 Air Assault lads and paras because of the ally look.

Must admit I have not seen any 58' belts on their own. But complete 58' webbing rig as little as £5 at some events (I allways buy at that price) Sun. plenty for £10 without even haggling.

A fairly successful day for me too, found stuff for my Chevy and Slat Grill, but it did strike me that there seems to be less vehicle parts dealers, more re-enactors

My friend and I came down from sunny Scotland. We enjoyed it but I didn't buy as much as I thought I would.

Not many vehicles parts and some of the deacs looked a little, ermm, non standard'

I bought a PRC 351 complete kit.