British DPM Waterproofs.

airportable

Hi folks, if anyone can confirm that my pics. are of the first pattern DPM waterproofs.

Sadly the label has been cut out, but it was white. Quite light in weight, inner elasticated cuffs, pen pocket on left arm. A quite long coat. I have posted a pic. of the two types of jacket I have, the darker is the coat in question. Want correct w/p for 82'.

Andy.

2010-11-12 DPM Collection.jpg

2010-11-12 DPM Collection (3).jpg

Andy

The first type DPM Waterproof smocks have plain sleeves with no pen pocket, cuffs have velcro fastening with no elastic they also have two chest pockets closed with velcro, and a zip and velcro front fastening with a tightening cord with plastic fixlock adjuster for the hood.

Theres two types of waterproofing one has a black rubber inner coating the other a clear pvc inner coating but cant remember which is the early and which is the older type.

You could also use the Plain green RAF Foul weather smock issued to the Army also known as the Northern Ireland Jacket or the arctic green and white reversible smock used by Arctic warfare trained Troops.

Dan

Oh yeah dont matter which one you wear they all sound like your wearing a crisp packet:D

Edited by DWB

Thanks folks. I knew you would come up trumps. Looks like I had the first pattern all along!

Dan, looks like I'm looking for two more patterns now, :D.

Andy.

Andy

No probs mate, they are quite easy to get hold of but as usual its the larger sizes that are harder to get.

Think the smock in the above picture is either a civvy one or later issue but think probably civvy.

BTW the best issue Foul weather smock of the period was the blue Naval type :-)

Dan

Think it my be civvy copy with pen holder and elasticated cuffs

Not a problem in the slightest. We got issued DPM waterproofs very (if not exactly: I remember pen pocket and elasticated wrists) like these issued some time during my 77 - 82 tour of Paderborn (I'd guess at 1980: Bazz to help unit-average estimate the date?).

Before that, we were able to buy from the PRI (President of the Regimental Institute - the regimental shop) a plain olive waterproof which was accepted by the regimental hierarchy as suitable to wear with combats (we still had flasher macs to be worn with other dress).

So a civvy copy would certainly be accepted. We also bought NAAFI copies of No 2 Dress shirts, with pockets and epaulettes (which were not then found on issue No 2 Dress shirts) and various other items (boots spring to mind) that were entirely acceptable. So long as the job got done and we turned up properly dressed for parades, what we wore was not questioned unless it kicked the backside out of it.